Third degree creosote

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jimwill

Jun 7, 2020
north michigan
i have some are creosote built up...especially at top 5 feet of chimney.....after it leaves my wood heated greatroom...i can install a stainless steel liner for around 800.00....do any of you think this 3rd deer creosote can be cleaned?..or better off with a new liner?

Attachments

• Third degree creosote
    5YWrTfSvQ86lyqmwThMxqw.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 165
  • Third degree creosote
    V1Jez1bKTGWyZrviog5GzQ.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 152
i have some are creosote built up...especially at top 5 feet of chimney.....after it leaves my wood heated greatroom...i can install a stainless steel liner for around 800.00....do any of you think this 3rd deer creosote can be cleaned?..or better off with a new liner?
It can be cleaned and would need to be before a liner install. The clay would probably need to be removed in order to install an insulated liner anyway

But that insulated liner will cut down on that buildup allot

Try sweeping, some may come off.