This CL funny has been running for weeks! Can't believe no takers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ruserious2008

Jan 24, 2011
NH
Unless I'm missing some special value in Silver Maples this is a pie in the sky one. I even dropped this guy a very polite email when his ad first came up explaining how much a cord of seasoned wood costs and how I could get a grapple load of hardwood ......delivered...... that would equal about 8 cords for $800! I guess it is a TON or more weight wise but isn't it funny how people get these ideas that their downed trees can be turned into gold....anyway thought this might make someone here snicker. And what the hell is a Money Cram? I must be getting old:)

Firewood For Sale - $600 (Manchester)
Date: 2011-04-26, 9:06PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
I am selling firewood, i cut down 7 silver maple trees. There is a TON of wood, several cords worth. They are cut into 24'' inch lengths, you will probably need to cut them smaller in order to move them. YOU HAVE TO HAUL IT AWAY, and you MUST pay either by money cram or cashier's check. If interested please email me or call 603-716-0742.

PLEASE! yet another CL advertiser with "the best intentions", "honest". Oh it will take me so long to believe anything on CL!!! >:-(

ruserious2008 said:
...and you MUST pay either by money cram or cashier's check.

Oh, good. I thought people no longer accepted "money crams".

All caps.. that means he's serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.