this could be an awful mess

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I heard "down the road" got hit pretty hard. >>

BB, FYI, I located my bearings in an earlier post and it is definitely down the road. I changed my original location of 'on the banks of the Savannah' months ago when ever body here seemed to think we was so ignorant down herein the south.

Yeah weather observations lose something when there isn't any location reference point.

My cotton mouthed Texas accent comes in handy when whoever I am dealing with figures I have to be a dumb sucker from the South.

from augusta via twitter
BgXxIRfIAAEuZU4.jpg

I changed my original location of 'on the banks of the Savannah' months ago when ever body here seemed to think we was so ignorant down herein the south.
It is hard to sound sophisticated with a southern accent. Rather odd, if you consider our history, with the south driven by refined aristocrats and the north by crass industrialists. I blame Hollywood.

Reactions: woodgeek
This am at 9 use snowblower, shovel etc 12" of snow. Starts to rain...great. Finish up. Couple hours and 4" of snow, sleet, ice pellets and what have you later, do it again...fine. Do the neighbor's drive, fine, great. Calling for 2-4" overnight on the backside. Great, great, great.

Raining hard with thunder and lighting-first time I've ever seen that with 18" of snow on the ground. 6" more tonight is what they claim...

I came home to this. Plowed in, right up to the mailbox.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392346547.196133.jpg

The snowblower had no trouble with it:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392346570.444947.jpg

Reactions: Doug MacIVER
Reactions: Doug MacIVER
To make things interesting, we went out and hadda earthquake (4.1) last night. Although not so uncommon, it's nothing like you west coasts dudes live with; it was pretty dadgum real. We have extensive extensive storm damages and a whole lotta work ahead but, just like the south, its 65 the next day, which is a good enough reason for not knowing how to act in the snow (or ice).

and BubbaBart, if my location wasnt close enough for the 'net, check the epicenter. >>

Last edited:
and BubbaBart, if my location wasnt close enough for the 'net, check the epicenter.

Ah. OK, I found ya.

Belfast Telegraph-4 hours ago

"A strong earthquake, of 4.6 magnitude, has hit the western Greek island of Kefalonia but no damage has been reported."

Status
Not open for further replies.