"This is a good wood stove."

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't mind building a rocket heater. They are supposed to work pretty well.

Reactions: Woody Stover
That's pure laziness. A new Englander can be had for $800 - $900. So why not at least attempt to remove the rust and put some polish on it before asking anything? People are oblivious

I see this all the time, I see chainsaws that they're asking top dollar for and cant even take a rag and spend two minutes shining it up, lazy, lazy people, if they're to lazy to clean it Im going to assume they're too lazy to take care of it mechanically.

Reactions: BrowningBAR
I wouldn't mind building a rocket heater. They are supposed to work pretty well.

I've seen a bunch of info on rocket heaters and I have been interested in seeing one work. But, the YouTube videos always seem to be by people that have a lack of understanding about modern stoves and often make statements like "in a standard wood stove, all of your heat is going up the chimney..."

They seem to be a variation of masonry heaters and I always wanted to see someone build a rocket heater with a decent budget to see if you could make them look nice.

Those minature postage stamp sized pictures are really helpful too....:rolleyes:

This is the only picture big enough to see.
goodwoodstove.jpg

If that's the good one, I'd hate to see the bad one.

Amazing that we torture the things inside but think a little rust outside destroys them.

Status
Not open for further replies.