This ought to make folks cringe.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

rwhite

Minister of Fire
Nov 8, 2011
North Central Idaho
Not mine. I was searching Air BnB and this one came up. Not only unsafe but burning with the door open as well. I can't even fathom a home owner would let weekend users use that thing.

Screenshot_20210125-095126_Facebook.jpg

Looks like a wall tent with a wood floor.

Not the safest, but lots of snowmobile camps around here use something similar.

It was a yurt. I have a similar stove for my wall tent. It will get hot enough to burn pine needles on the ground if I dont clear to soil.

It definitely looks like a yurt. However, that setup is a "fire ready to happen."

I'm gonna go with a wall tent. Yurts don't have corners and they have even height walls all around. The lack of any sort of floor protection is disturbing. - "Oh, but no one has burned down the place yet.."

Reactions: firefighterjake