This place is so great

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minister of Fire
Apr 21, 2013
Michigan
I just got back from a long weekend with my woodstove. It was a romantic weekend with just the two of us. :)

I realized that I know so much more about how to make it run right than I ever knew in the 6 months previous I was playing around with it. The right kind of fuel, how to build the fire, how to get it up to temp quickly, keep it burning overnight, etc.

Just a big "thank you" to all of you who have taken the time to answer the questions I've asked (and I'm sure you've been asked 1,000 times before!). And to the folks who authored the posts that I've read in the different wood and gear forums that have increased the depth of my understanding 10-fold.

Obviously I've still got a ton to learn, but I'm in such a better place than I was before I stumbled on this place.

Thanks again.

The mods all take paypal. ;lol

Thanks for the post. That is what this place is all about.

1750, it is a great place, isn't it? And here, all this time, you were thinking you were the only one that was nuts out there....then you found us, and now you feel at home.....;)

I stumbled onto this site a while back, and I learned a lot as well. Great group of guys and gals, lots of great info on stoves, firewood, accessories, cooking food outdoors, family, all kinds of great people here....

Welcome to the nuthouse!!

I agree 100%. I just happened to stumble across this site back in February when I started doing some online research as I looked for a new fireplace insert. From what I learned here at the hearth I soon changed my thinking over to replacing my old Fire Dragon slammer style insert with a free standing woodstove in front of my hearth. At first, I was going to have the stove shop do my installation, but after learning as much as I did here at the site I decided to do the install myself. It went great and I had a lot of confidence in what I was doing. After learning about block off plates I ended up with a better installation than I would have gotten from the store since they were just going to stuff the flue opening with fiberglass insulation.

IMG_0198_1.JPG

This IS a great forum...lots of wisdom and comraderie (or shared sickness at least ;lol ) Welcome!

For sure all of us are still learning. Just ask my wife how much (little?) I know and have to learn yet...

Sounds like it was a great weekend.

Reactions: Woody Stover
Can't say when my stove and I had such a good time together. Now that I think of it, the Oslo kicked me in the shin when I didn't clean out the ash in over a week. It's a love hate thing

I agree 1750 and welcome to the forum and wood burning! Great site with great people!

Ray

Yep, the best of the best are here. Thanks to all here, I am confident handling most felling situations. But most important I have learned work safely.

Reactions: ScotO
I think just about all of us 'stumbled' in here. The only one who 'walked in, head held high' was webby. :)

I 'stumbled' onto the main page of the site years ago but never made it into the forums section. Some people are a little slow... :rolleyes: When I finally did make it to the forums a couple years ago, these fine folks helped me get up to speed in a hurry. No more trying to burns Red Oak after only a few months split and stacked! I thought it had to be pretty dry because it was dead standing. Uh, no. ;lol
Thanks again to webbie, the mods, and all the great members here! :)

......what was the question again?:confused:

There was a question? What question? :rolleyes: I think I stumbled if a question was asked so I didn't hear it. Pardon me. (stumbling out the door to split wood....) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.