Thoughts on VC Dauntless 2020 or Hearthstone GM 60?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ericgio87

Aug 22, 2020
Coventry, CT
Hello again. This forum has a lot of great information and a lot of knowledgeable people, so thank you. I previously posted on a used heathstone homestead I picked up. Not too excited about how the previous owner burnt hot, cracks in soapstone on exterior sides/top, and never used a baffle and just firebricks on top...so...I was thinking of buying new from the professionals doing the install. They are a VC and Heartstone dealer, and the gentleman I was working with recommended the VC Dauntless 2020. I have an 1100 sqft single story ranch, well insulated. Looking for primary heat over electric, so will be running 24/7. I work form home and on occasion, I have to drive into the office, and could be gone up to 10 hours. The VC Dauntless looks like a nice stove, but all of the negative reviews on older VC and down draft models has me worried. The GM 60 looks like a nice stove, and the spec sheet is boasting up to 24 hour burn time? Is that real? I already put in a sales order on the VC, so it may be too late to go with the GM 60 anyways. But I was wondering what anyone's take here would be? I realize both are new , so there may not be a lot of good information or feedback on them yet. Tried doing some searches on here on both models already. Thanks for your time!

Hey,
So i was in the local stove shop on saturday and was looking at the exact same 2 stoves. im leaning towards the VC also. The GM had a bigger view of the fire which i like,but the overall look of the the stove just didnt look as nice as the VC in my opinion. I will most likley pull the trigger on the VC this week. all dealers seem to be the same price too, 2669$ for the black one. I hope its a good stove. good luck !

Reactions: Ericgio87