Thread full of useless information- Do not read

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
smoke show said:
Where is BB when you need him?

time to lock it up.

Yep... ^^^^^ After I get a fair amount of use out it (temps drop a little lower) I will PM you with my results. If you notice in the pics. There is 1" of drywall. We re-drywalled the house a few yrs ago and did some tightening up (sealing, silicone, etc) and that helped keep the rooms a lot warmer. We were gonna re-side the house this summer, but with the baby being born in May. We decided to wait. It a Big project. All new Soffit, gutters, trim, doors, garage door all have to be replaced. Wife wants white trim instead of dark brown. Along with the house (about 70 x 30) my garage has to be done. Its almost 50' x 50, 3 car garage on one side and shop on the other with a wall between them. Have to go outside the garage to get into the other half. A lot of siding just for the 2 structures. We were quoted at around $20,000 for both the house and garage with all new everything (shutters, sofit, gutters, etc) and using the R-6 backed siding..
Thought I might try and do it myself, but I don't have the time to keep up with all the grass and landscaping that needs tending to.

Anyways. For the cost of one of those Airshares, you could buy 4 of the Broans. Even if you had to install 2 of them (one blowing in/other blowing out/ one high/one low) would still be cheaper. Pretty easy to install. A 6" hole saw makes short work of it.

Bkins said:
[quote author="DexterDay" date="1318829387] There was thread earlier that I had to just walk away from... Ugh. You can tell when someone is joking and someone is stubborn. Believe you seen it (Quad not lighting after 3 attempts)

Yes Mr Dexter you were being downright stubborn as you didn't have a clue what you were talking about with that stove and if you would read the post it DIDN'T say it wouldn't light after 3 trys. If you would read the posts with a more open mind and actually read them you might learn something. Scimming doesn't usually alllow a person to pick up all that was said. Closed minds are a terrible thing, so are know it alls.

Are you gonna rehash this on each post? If you wish to continue with this bring it on. Maybe start another thread so that the members don't have to read it if they don't want.

You know what your not worth the time.[/quote]

Didnt "Scim" the post. He stated the first 2 attempts were failed attemts. The Mt Vernon is Quads Top Tier stove. Why would someone fork out that much cash for a stove that wont light at the begining of every season?
I never said it couldnt be what you say it is.. Unlike yourself who quickly dismissed my opinion. We all are entitled to one. Just does not make sense why Quads (yes mine included) use the same ignitor and only the Mt Vernon, Santa Fe, and Castile have this problem. I was not the only member to question this. There were others also.
Again electrical devices do go bad. The possibility is there. Along with several other things (bad gasket, leaks mean less air through the burn pot holes/possible failing or weak combustion blower, not sucking enough air through the burn pot). I am open to any ideas until the.problem is resolved.

It is in no way shape or form any help to the OP to dismiss an idea or opinion from another member, when it has not been checked. Only takes a minute to verify the operation.

I hope he gets it resolved. A unit should light when it is turned on. I know most members here who have an auto ignite stove, would hope that it lights when its supposed to. The unit should operate like the day you brought it home. If it does not... Then there is something wrong with it and the corresponding parts should be replaced.

No one will ever know because the OP of that thread is not responding. Ask for help and you shall receive.
Replaced my ignitor last season after a couple misfires. Works like a charm now.

DexterDay said:
Bkins said:
[quote author="DexterDay" date="1318829387]

(Quad not lighting after 3 attempts)

This is your direct quote, not mine and I read it as not starting AFTER 3 attemps which is not what the poster said.

Didnt "Scim" the post. He stated the first 2 attempts were failed attemts. The Mt Vernon is Quads Top Tier stove. Why would someone fork out that much cash for a stove that wont light at the begining of every season?

Like any other stove model/make there are some gremlins. As you may or may not know the stove was totally redesigned based on some problems with the older stoves. The new stove had a slew of problems right out of the box. Many products don't work correctly right out of the box. I could name probably 5 stoves that have gremlins right from the start. The techs at the factory will not answer the question of why this is taking place, and yes they are aware of it. Like they do on all questions they refer you to the dealer and a Quad trained tech is the one that says its normal for certain model/model year stoves.

I never said it couldnt be what you say it is.. Unlike yourself who quickly dismissed my opinion. We all are entitled to one.

Yes. I did dismiss your opinion because you don't have any experience with the Mt Vernon non AE, and have not been through the trial and error that I have trying to get it to work in a very brief temp/time frame.

Get this model stove and do the trouble shooting and I would be open to your opinion..
Just does not make sense why Quads (yes mine included) use the same ignitor and only the Mt Vernon, Santa Fe, and Castile have this problem.

I will mention again that all these stoves are not built alike and have different component's and they all run/act differently and have different problems. Kinda scratching my head why you feel its perfectly fine to think that all stoves from Quad operate and run the same way.

I was not the only member to question this. There were others also.

Yes, there was one other member that doesn't own a Mount Vernon, non AE.

Again electrical devices do go bad. The possibility is there. Along with several other things (bad gasket, leaks mean less air through the burn pot holes/possible failing or weak combustion blower, not sucking enough air through the burn pot). I am open to any ideas until the.problem is resolved.

Please explain to me why the stove works properly after the cold weather sets in without adding/changing any component's at all.

It is in no way shape or form any help to the OP to dismiss an idea or opinion from another member, when it has not been checked. Only takes a minute to verify the operation.

I hope he gets it resolved. A unit should light when it is turned on. I know most members here who have an auto ignite stove, would hope that it lights when its supposed to. The unit should operate like the day you brought it home. If it does not... Then there is something wrong with it and the corresponding parts should be replaced.

Again this took place straight out of the box when these stoves were new, in most cases. It is problematic to take a stove back for a problem that will only occur for a very brief time/temp frame and usually can't be duplicated. Once the temp drops and the heating season gets going this situation goes bye--bye and the stove works as advertised. I am not saying this stove can't have a misfire in heating season but it is rare and I don't go searching for a reason. If it happens over and over then that is another story.

I don't go answering a bunch of other posts because in many cases I don't have experience with that particular stove. If I have known experience for a particular question, then yes I will state the facts, as I have done here.

No one will ever know because the OP of that thread is not responding.

I'm pretty sure the poster has asked the same question for the last couple of years on the IBURNCORN forum and got the same answer that I have given here. Ultimately its up to the owner of the stove on what to do. If a owner, such as yourself, wishes to throw parts at something that is a known situation go for it, its your stove.
[/quote]

OK kiddies, I agree with you both! Sometimes parts fix it and sometimes these stoves just have a quirk about them! Can we barry the hatchet? Please.

If the bickering keeps up the mods will end it Quick. Please take this to PM.

*heated discussions*

(thank you. i'm here all week. don't forget to tip your waitress.)
:)

j-takeman said:
Smoke Show behave! %-P

Right??? Your killing me buddy.... Complete turn around. My apologies.... I hope you dont take any offense.

Gonna leave it short and sweet.

Ramble..... Ramble......

Ramble.,,....,.......,.......,.......

Ramble............... Ramble............

Hope that helps you out on the Airshare thing (wait..... that was the thread title??? Wasnt it?)

Sorry Smoke Show,........ That Broan Fan really does kick out the air. I am thinking it will work well.. I ordered 2 more, so they better... LOL.

DexterDay said:
Ramble..... Ramble......

If the fan rambles like that I'm not sure I want one!

Didn't mean to kill ya buddy. I'll head back to my hole now!

j-takeman said:
DexterDay said:
Ramble..... Ramble......

If the fan rambles like that I'm not sure I want one!

Didn't mean to kill ya buddy. I'll head back to my hole now!

Im heading back too... With a few drinks this time. After working15 days straight, my Mill is going down for P.M.'s tomorrow. Finally get a day off tomorrow.. Been a long 2 weeks. Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.