Through-wall fans to distribute heat from wood stove into adjoining rooms

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

inthecountry

Nov 11, 2022
Mendocino, CA
I live in a cold climate in a small house with no central heating or duct work. A Blaze King Ashford in the livingroom generates plenty of heat. I think I could warm two of the bedrooms with ducting with integrated two-way fans connecting the livingroom to two adjoining bedrooms. Ideally the system would be smart and controlled by an app and responsive to thermostats in all three rooms. Has anyone seen a setup like this or an alternative approach to accomplish the same result?

Used a few of these for a awhile. You should be able setup a IOT plug to turn it off and on based off of a IOT temperature sensor in the room.

Try moving the cold air to the furnace as well

Reactions: ewdudley
I don’t have a furnace, but I guess the principle is moving cold air out of a room rather than trying to get warm air in?
Yes, much easier to move the cold air towards the stove, creating a convection loop.