Thurmans

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jack kunicki

Nov 27, 2012
Highland, NY
After burning through 5 bags of somersets this week, I'm not impressed. I've spent the winter burning stove chow, greene golds and cheat rivers. I bought 25 bags of sets early in the season and have been sitting on them while I burned through everything else. Like I said, not really impressed.

I did pick up 10 bags of turmans today. Interested to see how they do in the harman. Curious to know what people are paying for these pellets.

Too bad about the Sets. You are in the very small minority of people that don't like them.

Seeing that I'm only about 20-25 minutes away, I'll take the ones you have left off your hands. ==c

Turmans are $4.80/bag by me in my hopper right now no issues burned plenty of Set's too they work for me.:)

After burning through 5 bags of somersets this week, I'm not impressed. I've spent the winter burning stove chow, greene golds and cheat rivers. I bought 25 bags of sets early in the season and have been sitting on them while I burned through everything else. Like I said, not really impressed.

I did pick up 10 bags of turmans today. Interested to see how they do in the harman. Curious to know what people are paying for these pellets.
Hey there neighbor,... I gotta ask ya,.. where you finding turmans and cheats around here ?

Hey there neighbor,... I gotta ask ya,.. where you finding turmans and cheats around here ?
I picked up the cheats @ the Lowe's in Catskill back in December. Got the turmans today in Stone Ridge @ Green Heat, inc. Jeff @ Green Heat was a cool guy.

Soo turmans a bit pricey up your way?
They will be! The further up north you go, the more they will cost. Remember, the freight costs from Virginia up to wherever the destination is will increase the further the distance..

Reactions: will711
You're in for a treat Jack!
You're in for a treat Jack!
So far so good. Funny because I was going to head your way today. Looking to try out some spruce pointes. I found the turmans slightly closer. Regardless of how they do, I'd still like to get out to CT and see what you have to offer.

I scored a ton of Turmans and I'm really enjoying them. Hot and really really clean. Almost though I had some softies in the hopper! ::-)

They will be! The further up north you go, the more they will cost. Remember, the freight costs from Virginia up to wherever the destination is will increase the further the distance..

I hear ya it's just like us getting softwood down here. Did I just say soft wood:( that's not what she wants to hear;)

I noticed that the OP never took me up on my offer to take the Sets off his hands, since he didn't like them....guess their not so bad after all.

I noticed that the OP never took me up on my offer to take the Sets off his hands, since he didn't like them....guess their not so bad after all.
Let me see how the turmans work out. By no means were the sets horrible. I guess I was expected a little more.

i wasent impressed with sets either..(.not trolling) to be honest , of what I have burned, I liked O Malleys (large pellet up to 1 1/2" long) north amaricans, stove chow. the barefoots are too new ...

Where did you get the bags of Turmans in our area? I would like to give em a try==c

Where did you get the bags of Turmans in our area? I would like to give em a try==c
Hi Phil. Say hello to Joanna when you get a chance. Green Heat in Stone Ridge. There are other guys around with some interesting brands but turmans were probably the ones I've heard the most about and therefore most interested in trying.

Hi Phil. Say hello to Joanna when you get a chance. Green Heat in Stone Ridge. There are other guys around with some interesting brands but turmans were probably the ones I've heard the most about and therefore most interested in trying.
Hi Jack,

I thought that was you! Somerset question, did you purchase from the Lowes outside of New Paltz? I purchased 10 bags from them and the Pellets were very small and didn't burn as well as the Somersets that I purchased in Poughkeepsie;ex Joanna says hello and have a great day:)

Status
Not open for further replies.