Ticks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

marty319

Minister of Fire
Nov 17, 2014
Belair mb
Wiener dog was not herself last weekso off to the vet,400 bucks later for bloodwork find out she is infected with anaplasmosis.on meds now and still pretty lethargic. Them ticks are nasty things.please be very carefull with your animals.

20211207_144944.jpg

Wiener dog was not herself last weekso off to the vet,400 bucks later for bloodwork find out she is infected with anaplasmosis.on meds now and still pretty lethargic. Them ticks are nasty things.please be very carefull with your animals.

View attachment 287494
Is your dog on tick medicine every 12 weeks before the test? If your dog is, what is the brand name?

No she was not,only on heartworm.was told by the vet that some of these ticks are resistant to certain medicine.

No she was not,only on heartworm.was told by the vet that some of these ticks are resistant to certain medicine.
Our dog is on Bravecto but tested positive two different times at the local vet we go to, both times we payed extra so they could send it out and get it tested, both times it came back negative.

I hope your dog gets better. We actually sticky our dog with a lint roller every time she comes in from a walk, we've only had two come off her this year so far.

81s6W6rFScL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Well she is on meds now for 28 days and I also payed extra for bloodwork sent to idexx and waiting for those results.

Reactions: thewoodlands
Well she is on meds now for 28 days and I also payed extra for bloodwork sent to idexx and waiting for those results.
Hopefully they come back negative, good luck.

Thanks,but then back to square 1 as to why she is not feeling well after 800 lol

Reactions: thewoodlands

View attachment 287494

My wife had that -- anaplasmosis -- earlier this year. Really zapped the life out of her . . . enough to the point where she wants to move north to see if we can escape the ticks.

My wife had that -- anaplasmosis -- earlier this year. Really zapped the life out of her . . . enough to the point where she wants to move north to see if we can escape the ticks.
Hope she is feeling better.i don't know where you could move to escape those ticks.i live in canada with brutily cold winters and the vet said the ticks are active here 9 months of the year

Hope she is feeling better.i don't know where you could move to escape those ticks.i live in canada with brutily cold winters and the vet said the ticks are active here 9 months of the year

Shhhh . . . don't tell her that. I want to move north!

Reactions: marty319
Soresto collar has worked well for our lab mix. She sleeps in our bed, and before we used the collar we would find ticks in the bed. I tried to say no more dog in the bed, but my wife said she's in or I'm out.

Reactions: marty319