Tidy Timbers pellet

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clay H

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Sep 9, 2009
Central Oklahoma
Anyone heard of this brand? Lowes has 14 pallets of them for 5.50 a bag. Labeled as "premium" low ash and low fines. I have never heard of this pellet but bought 5 bags to test. Upon first inspection (dumping a bag in the stove) they look good with little dust, good pellet composition, uniform color, and uniform size. Heat content and clean burn are the unknowns still although I fired up the stove and it ate em up ... It's still 68 degrees so I can't tell about heat.
The manager at lows agreed to sell them 10 % off in a 3ton bulk witch would make them 5.00 per bag and that's the going rate around other stores for Pennington which do not seem to be a quality pelet from reading here. I burned pennington the last several years as it was the only brand available but these tidy timbers clearly have fewer fines and generally look better. I think I dumped out a thimble full of fine in the bag.
Any insight would be helpfully before I drop 750 bucks on them.

anyone?????

AH the ol search function....now theres a novel idea...sorry, my bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.