Timber Heats?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trickyrick

Feeling the Heat
Oct 23, 2009
Western MA/ Eastern NY
OK not sure why but there are a bunch of timber heats available around me this year $219 and the Green Teams (my prefered pellet) are up around $270 a ton.

Can anyone give me feedback* on the Timber Heats?

* I know the caviat: no two stoves are the same and everyone burns different but I'm burning an a Harman insert so I'm concerned about ash and general heat...

Thanks to anyone

Timber heats I burned last season were a good pellet. Above average IMHO.

I was going to start off saying "I thought the Harmon's(dang spell check) were multifuelers and burned anything?" :p

Timber Heats were a good pellet in my test burns last winter, and I bought a ton for this winters stash. They're made by Dry Creek, AFAIK.

Oh, and a good point made by Jay....for a stove that is supposed to be the "final word" in pellet stoves and can burn anything and give heat, there are a lot of Harman owners that seem very concerned about what pellet they put in them.

Reactions: jrsdws
I think Harman will burn just about anything but efficiency and ash in an insert still obey the laws of physics. ==c

I have an ash pan that I have to clean out when full. My ash pan is small due to it being an insert. So while it will burn anything during the really cold of Jan and feb if I want to run a week strait I need a little lower ash. At the same time less ash means more efficient.

As for heat. I look at BTUs per $ be it electric heat or Pellets and I run the lowest cost. We all know what pellets can produce and what we pay and I think everyone agrees Infernos vs GT there is a difference.

;)

Just because I buy one of the best stove why should I not buy one of the better pellets to run in it?

for a stove that is supposed to be the "final word" in pellet stoves and can burn anything and give heat, there are a lot of Harman owners that seem very concerned about what pellet they put in them.

Not me!:p

They're all over the place around here. I burned about 15 bags last year. They're not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.