Timberline 6" flue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jason721

Nov 4, 2017
southern indiana
I was searching my local craigslist and there is the gentleman that restores old stoves... fisher, temberline, old timer..
He has a double door temberline listed and gives the size and so on... that has a 6" flew.... I was under the impression most the old double door stoves had a 8" flue..

I couldn't resist... I contacted the gentleman and asked about his stove. A day later I drove to meet him to look it over. ( I can't find much info on timberline other than Fisher copy.. Cal vs Bob)
He had it setting along side a restored grandma bear and momma bear so I had a good idea of the size comparison. The timberline is a bit smaller than a grandma bear and had a factory 6" flue.. it was nice to see all these old stoves looking as the day they were new... I did end up buying the timberline. Pulled my nc13 from the house... installed the temberline.. I like the old stove much much better..

I couldn't resist... I contacted the gentleman and asked about his stove. A day later I drove to meet him to look it over. ( I can't find much info on timberline other than Fisher copy.. Cal vs Bob)
He had it setting along side a restored grandma bear and momma bear so I had a good idea of the size comparison. The timberline is a bit smaller than a grandma bear and had a factory 6" flue.. it was nice to see all these old stoves looking as the day they were new... I did end up buying the timberline. Pulled my nc13 from the house... installed the temberline.. I like the old stove much much better..
That is a bit of a change from a tiny little 13 to a massive old timberline. It's atleast 2x the firebox size if not 3x. Get ready to use way more wood and clean the chimney much more

Fire box from brick to brick on the temberline is 19x18
13 is.. 19x13..
Not that much bigger... yep I'm gonna eat more wood... yep clean the chimney more often... but I will no longer be fighting the nc 13 . . I know people like them. There not for me. I have a century s244 in a tiny house we camp in.... I love it. Great little heater.

Fire box from brick to brick on the temberline is 19x18
13 is.. 19x13..
Not that much bigger... yep I'm gonna eat more wood... yep clean the chimney more often... but I will no longer be fighting the nc 13 . . I know people like them. There not for me. I have a century s244 in a tiny house we camp in.... I love it. Great little heater.
Oh I have never seen a timberline that small.

Reactions: Jason721
Timberline down to the size of the Baby Bear.

Timberline T-18.jpg T-18

Mama Bear size
Timberline single door 31 deep.jpg T-24

Papa Bear size
Timberline Single Door$275 CL.jpg T-33

Grandma Bear size
Timberline front.jpg

Insert
Timberline Insert w fan 1.jpg

I've never seen a double door Timberline with 6, but most builders would make what you wanted if you proved your chimney would work with it.

Last edited:
Hopefully the pic shows... so far it's been burning great.. give me a good 7 hours of heat... house (1100sqft) was 72* this morning.. 20* outside... cruised it around 450-500... I'm really liking this stove.
The same guy I got this one from had another just like it but a rear 6" vent. I needed (wanted) 6" top vent..
20200221_193900.jpg

Reactions: Stinkpickle
Oh... and I knew but spaced back then the stove top vents were 6" OD... so I had to get a crimper...

I believe this Timberline is
Model T-PF
Rated to heat 1400sqft.
Just found this information and posting it for others that my be looking for information also.