Timberline firebrick question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Daniel0826

Jan 12, 2018
Fort Plain
I'm trying to find out some information for my dad. He has a timberline wood stove he bought used without any fire brick. I do not know the dimensions of the stove. The question here is, how would I know how many fire brick he would need for his stove.

I'm trying to find out some information for my dad. He has a timberline wood stove he bought used without any fire brick. I do not know the dimensions of the stove. The question here is, how would I know how many fire brick he would need for his stove.

Do you know the model? If not, measure the fire box up to where the brick supports are. Go on-line and check dimensions of the brick you want to buy. Then simple math. 1+1=11 2+2=22 (according to Frank Zappa);)

There are many sizes of Timberline stoves from a small 18 inch with single door to double door Fireplace Insert.
If the brick retainers are all there, measure across the back and start at left rear corner. Fill in across back, then the sides from back to front. Cover the bottom last to hold side bricks in place. If there is remaining space at front on sides or bottom cut to fit with masonry blade in circular saw. You can score them about 1/4 to 1/2' deep and snap easily. They are soft and cut easy.
Bricks are cheapest at a masonry supply store for 1.50 or so each. $3.00 each at ACE hardware sold by the case. Some Tractor Supplies have them.

If you know the model, I probably have pics of the brick layout.