Timberwolf 2200 cleanig question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cburke

Burning Hunk
Feb 24, 2014
Honeybrook Pennsylvania
Hey guys quick question. I was cleaning ash out of my stove yeterday, and I got to thinking do I need to clean the air inlets to the stove free of ash and old coals? I'm not exactly sure where my air enters the stove, and was thinking if it's on the bottom that it could get clogged up over time? Thanks in advance!
Ps I this helps I do not have the optional ash pan.

Last edited:
Primary air comes in over the glass door (that's the door wash) and secondary through the burn tubes in the top of the firebox. Neither should accumulate any ash especially as the draft goes the reverse direction. The one place that may need cleaning could be the "dog house" behind the bottom of the door frame. Some primary air may come in there to assist the startup. I could not find a scheme for the Timberwolf stoves but check out this brochure for the Napoleon stoves page 25: http://www.napoleonproducts.com/dow...ated/english/wood-burning-stoves-brochure.pdf
You can check in your stove where the number 2 is in the scheme and look in your manual if it mentions a "bottom air feed".

O
Primary air comes in over the glass door (that's the door wash) and secondary through the burn tubes in the top of the firebox. Neither should accumulate any ash especially as the draft goes the reverse direction. The one place that may need cleaning could be the "dog house" behind the bottom of the door frame. Some primary air may come in there to assist the startup. I could not find a scheme for the Timberwolf stoves but check out this brochure for the Napoleon stoves page 25: http://www.napoleonproducts.com/dow...ated/english/wood-burning-stoves-brochure.pdf
You can check in your stove where the number 2 is in the scheme and look in your manual if it mentions a "bottom air feed".
ok great thank you was just curious. I'll check the manual

Status
Not open for further replies.