Timberwolf 2200 or True North T19 Wood Stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not essential that a WETT tech inspect in Canada. It depends on your insurance policy and local building code. Where I live nobody came to see anything. The insurance asked if it was a certified installer and we don't have any municiple inspectors.

Interesting to know. I had been led to believe a WETTer had to sign off on installations. Thanks for the clarification.

Np. My understanding is that some insurance companies require it and some municipalities as well. But it is not a requirement. The nearest WETT technician to me is about 4 hours away and 2/3 of the population in this area have wood burning appliances.

GOod business to start!

A

Reactions: BrotherBart
Learning from this place just never ends....

Reactions: Swedishchef
I have only been burning for 4 years and seem to know more (but don't have that much hands on experience) than 99% of the people around here. I got into an argument tonight with a guy at the corner store "as long as your wood is cracked on the ends, it is dry". He said he cuts maple, leaves it on the ground and it is ready to burn the following year. This is the same person that told me 2 sentences later that he also feels it is normal to have 2-3 chimney fires a year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

I was him up until 2005 when I stumbled over this place. Well, I did split and stack all that red oak all summer to burn that winter. My neighbors have done it just as long and I don't even try. The argument ain't worth it. I did give my flue tile brushes to them after I put in the liners.

The funny part was having to educate the building inspector about what a chimney liner was. Told him if he ever had any more questions to give me a call. ;lol

Reactions: Swedishchef
I'd pick the TN19 for the north/south loading.

There, someone made a choice between the two.

( and yeah, paying a couple guys to install a chimney can get pricey)

Status
Not open for further replies.