Timberwolf TW3

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SolarAndWood

Minister of Fire
Feb 3, 2008
Syracuse NY
Anyone know how much they are new?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Timberwolf-Log-Splitter-TW-3_W0QQitemZ170362262236QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item27aa61d2dc&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65:12|66:2|39:1|72:2125|293:2|294:50

I'm pretty sure that is retail as well as the $495 for the 4-way. My guess is that you can get it with the 4-way for around 2K new.

SolarAndWood said:
I'm pretty sure that is retail as well as the $495 for the 4-way. My guess is that you can get it with the 4-way for around 2K new.

timberwolf is supposed to have set pricing.... they advertise them starting at 2095 around here .... i dont think you would get that for 2000 i am sure he might take 1-200 bucks and make it sound good but timberwolf pretty much is at the top of the line for splitters... in these parts

iceman said:
timberwolf is supposed to have set pricing....

There are very few things in life that aren't negotiable. Definitely agree with you on the quality assessment, I saw them at the show in Watkins Glen this spring and was impressed. For the right price on this, I would probably abandon my current splitter project and not think about splitters again. I am sure my old Ford will outlive me, pretty sure this would to.

SolarAndWood said:
iceman said:
timberwolf is supposed to have set pricing....

There are very few things in life that aren't negotiable. Definitely agree with you on the quality assessment, I saw them at the show in Watkins Glen this spring and was impressed. For the right price on this, I would probably abandon my current splitter project and not think about splitters again. I am sure my old Ford will outlive me, pretty sure this would to.

yes i do agree about prices but no matter what store i called when i asked for a price they gave me a price and when i asked for a cash the most i got was 5% which equates to sales tax .... and then i got the dont tell anyone it is set pricing i can get in trouble..
problem is timberwolf is basically made for the commercial person ... i forgot they have a vertical cause all i see are those big ones that run 5-10 grand

I would probably keep my vertical splitter for the either too heavy to lift or gnarly rounds. The vast majority of what I get my hands on is in the 12-24" diameter range and straight. Perfect for a horizontal with a multi-way wedge.

SolarAndWood said:
I would probably keep my vertical splitter for the either too heavy to lift or gnarly rounds. The vast majority of what I get my hands on is in the 12-24" diameter range and straight. Perfect for a horizontal with a multi-way wedge.

if thats all you want it for just replace your wedge now with a four way.....
and send me half of the money you woulda spent on a timberwolf and then i can get a splitter......lmao

i thought we were talking about a different splitter this whole time
i was thinking it was a splitter with wheels!

iceman said:
SolarAndWood said:

if thats all you want it for just replace your wedge now with a four way.....
and send me half of the money you woulda spent on a timberwolf and then i can get a splitter......lmao

Every year I come up with something to make splitting easier/faster without spending a lot of dough. I figure I have 50+ years of wood burning ahead of me, so there is some appeal to just buying a real splitter and being done with it.

Reactions: bloyet03
iceman said:
i thought we were talking about a different splitter this whole time
i was thinking it was a splitter with wheels!

I like the 3 pt splitters. No engine to maintain, minimal room to store and generally built very tough. This one addresses the slow cycle time and ability to mount a multi way wedge.

A neighbor has a 3-pt splitter with the wedge at the end like that. As dangerous as it sounds, he would leave the tractor in neutral and as the wood piled up past the end of the beam, the ram would move the tractor forward so he could spit non-stop.

Love it, although I imagine that is how all of those strange tractor accidents happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.