New Blaze King,

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I did not mean to steal the thread, but maybe the info will help the OP. I have a King. Is the quality between the BK, firecat and amazon product similar?

The amazon product is the firecat product. Same exact price including shipping. The clay covered guy at firecat couldn't figure out his own website and sent me to do it myself at "their" amazon store which is not firecat but midwest hearth. Same product, same price, amazon smooth interface.

had the cord go bad on the blower,
How does that happen?
You can purchase a new cat and have it ready.
Always good to have the next one on hand and ready to go.
Yes, but your warranty is ticking down as it sits on the shelf..
The king cat is bigger and quite a bit more expensive but buying from firecat should be significantly cheaper than the dealer. Maybe they will price match for you.
;lol
Firecat still hasn't figured out that the internet is a thing...Buying direct from them does get you the lowest prices.
No need to mess with the internet, then. Field of Dreams.. "If you price it, they will come." ;lol

Firecat was (and I believe still is) the oem for BK combustors. Condar used to have a few combustors on amazon but I don't see them anymore.

Firecat still hasn't figured out that the internet is a thing, so if you want to deal with them it is an ordeal. They don't respond to email. Equally annoying, they have a website with a "contact us" form that they also do not look at. Buying direct from them does get you the lowest prices.

I don't know for a fact that Condar is a combustor manufacturer, but they certainly sell them. I bought my last one from them. Paid $100 more than firecat's price because I doubt that a 2018 company that can't operate an email client can execute the far more complex task of putting a small item in a box and mailing it to a specified address.

I’ve never needed to call or contact firecat. I have ordered off their site a couple times without issue.

Reactions: Woody Stover
I have no idea how the cord goes bad. I was just about to order a rheostat as a cord just could not go bad when I decided to check the cord with a VOM. I whacked all but about 15" off the cord before I had continuity end to end.

For many years it was my job to fix electrical and electronic stuff for a utility company that the rest of the employees could or would not figure out. It was always the most simple or obvious thing that was over looked

Reactions: Woody Stover