Time to show your wood haulers for the 2008-09 season

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Driving off camber in the woods can get you in trouble no matter what you're driving or hauling. Good way to end up against a tree or worse.

Woodford said:
Driving off camber in the woods can get you in trouble no matter what you're driving or hauling. Good way to end up against a tree or worse.

I agree . We had to create switch back type trails , for descending down the mountain with loads off wood , Very dangerous . We try not to test our fate with full loads off camber .
Anthony

Hello There, new to this great site but not new to burning wood. Two outdoor stoves to feed and two fire places for the fun of it!
The farm goes through close to thirty cords of birch during an average winter here in the Great White North. Without my two helpers, Zeke
and Big Blue there would be little time left for hunting and fishing. Thank God for diesel power!!

Attachments

• DSC03597-1.JPG
    DSC03597-1.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 1,073
  • DSC03599-1.JPG
    DSC03599-1.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 1,058
  • DSC03605-1.JPG
    DSC03605-1.JPG
    21.1 KB · Views: 1,003
  • DSC03610-1.JPG
    DSC03610-1.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 1,063
  • DSC09527.JPG
    DSC09527.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 1,059
Welcome Inferno. Looks like ya have one heck of an operation going there. Beautiful place. Just for curiosity, where abouts by siberia.

Thanks for the hospitality Jags. According to the GPS we are a lot closer to you then Siberia, although here in West Central Manitoba we
share the same intercontinental climate with Siberia! Roger that on the operation thanks again but like Ma and Pa told us.....................
Watch what you wish for cause it might come true!
Lunch break is over, time to go feed the stoves and the critters................. I love it!!
Small world, in the summer I work off the farm for a family from Illinois, they own a beautiful fishing lodge up here.

Inferno said:
..... they own a beautiful fishing lodge up here.

Hmm...I should get to know those people. :)

Jags said:
Just for curiosity, where abouts by siberia.
Good question. Judging by the gutters on that roof I wouldn't say too far north.

I love the grapple on that loader and used my tractor just today to shuttle half a cord to the preburn heap. Yes, diesel is good.

Inferno said:
Thanks for the hospitality Jags. According to the GPS we are a lot closer to you then Siberia, although here in West Central Manitoba we
share the same intercontinental climate with Siberia! ...Small world, in the summer I work off the farm for a family from Illinois, they own a beautiful fishing lodge up here.

I got to fishing up in Flin Flon once (although the lake was in Saskatchewan). Couldn't throw you line in without catching a walleye. Hard trying to get to sleep though when it was still full daylight at 11 pm.

Welcome!

Welcome Inferno
What model Zetor is that? Couldn't make it out.
I just picked up a 7745 a couple of weeks ago and man what a great tractor cheap. The hydraulics are a bit slow, wondering if you run a front pump for the loader?

Dill said:
Welcome Inferno
What model Zetor is that? Couldn't make it out.
I just picked up a 7745 a couple of weeks ago and man what a great tractor cheap. The hydraulics are a bit slow, wondering if you run a front pump for the loader?

Thanks all for the warm welcome, nice to know there are so many others out there enjoying wood heating and the great outdoors.
Zeke is a 3340, bought new back in 96. great value for the dollar. Very robust for it's size, 43 hp. PTO. Can do the same loader work as
larger tractors. The loader came with it and is plumbed into the factory spindle right off the transmission. Another great feature
of Zeke is the loader has quick attach up front for bucket and bale spear. As well the whole loader can easily be removed in less then three
minutes. I do a lot of mowing and manure spreading with Zeke and it handles much better with loader removed for these tasks.
Couple of problems are the slow hydraulics Dill spoke of and lack of dealers up here, gotta get parts all the way from Pennsylvania. What
a pain that is!
Good luck with your new 7745 Dill, one good thing about slow hydraulics is you have less chance of breaking stuff. The TM 135 New Holland I have
is the other end of the spectrum. Hydraulics are very fast and a guy can get carried away and start bending stuff, believe me I know! :bug:

Nice looking truck! Thanks for sharing.

Back in the day when real estate was booming I hauled my wood in a truck like this !! I had everything J.C. Whitney had to offer on it.

307424066_f8872dbb32.jpg

Now that the Market has crashed I have had to make some cut backs. I had to sell my truck for something a little better on fuel

newcar.jpg

this would be really funny if the links worked - Photobucket is not working - oh well

Here are a couple of pictures of my trailer which is in the very first photo on this thread. I scaled the van and trailer together @7700 lbs and then dropped the trailer at home and the van scaled @4680 lbs so it is pulling #3020 lbs. This is with it loaded as pictured. 5X10' trailer. 15" wheels with a 3,500 lb axle.
trailer002.jpg

trailer001.jpg

Struggle - is that trailer from J and J racing (or something like that). The sticker on the front left corner looks like the same as mine.

Jags said:
Struggle - is that trailer from J and J racing (or something like that). The sticker on the front left corner looks like the same as mine.

H&H;trailers
http://www.hhtrailer.com/

It seems to be well built. It pulls perfectly balanced behind the min-van. I was concerned with it fully loaded I might bottom out the van but the van only sits down a little bit in the back.

struggle said:
Jags said:

H&H;trailers
http://www.hhtrailer.com/

It seems to be well built. It pulls perfectly balanced behind the min-van. I was concerned with it fully loaded I might bottom out the van but the van only sits down a little bit in the back.

Yep, h and h. Thats where I got mine too. A very sturdy and well built trailer. I have the 5 x 10, so its identical to yours.

Edit: did you get yours in Rock Falls at equist racing.

I am on the west side of Iowa and bought it in Sioux City at Hitch and Buggy trailer sales. I think it was around $1-1100 for it. I know I looked at trailers at Home Depot, Lowe's and Menard's and for the money the H & H was the best bang dollar for dollar.

I probably need to put a spare tire on it for peace of mind.

struggle said:
I am on the west side of Iowa and bought it in Sioux City at Hitch and Buggy trailer sales. I think it was around $1-1100 for it. I know I looked at trailers at Home Depot, Lowe's and Menard's and for the money the H & H was the best bang dollar for dollar.

I probably need to put a spare tire on it for peace of mind.

A spare that mounts between the 'Y' up front and to the front flat of the trailer box works well for me. I really liked it because of the solid sides and front. Wood doesn't wiggle out the sides of it. And yes, very sturdy little trailer.

yea, since were now talking about H&H;trailers,

that is what my big wood hauler is an H&H;just made the side's for it last summer.

10,000lbs 20' length with full tilt deck and a Manual Winch that mounts up to the Head ache rack.

been a Nice trailer for me. though it also cost $3,800.00 pennies to have it.

534733_245.jpg

My local H & H dealer had some trailers with electric dump boxes on them that looked pretty sweet but I thought the total weight of the trailer plus wood might be pushing my luck with towing with the van.

Fresh Load of pine this morning! Nothing like a cup of coffee and a warm fire...

Attachments

• DSC00967-1.JPG
    DSC00967-1.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 1,142
The hauler isn't mine per se but the 12 cord of wood on it is.
100_0297.jpg

100_0299.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.