Tips on Keeping Blowers on Inserts Clean Please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jadm

Hearth Supporter
Dec 31, 2007
colorado
Not sure if this is the right room to post my question in but here goes anyway.

I would like to know what other insert owners do to keep their blowers clean and functioning at optimal output.

I ruined the blower on my first insert because I was told it didn't need any maintenance. (Yes, the person (salesperson) who told me that was an idiot BUT I was a bigger idiot to believe him. :sick: )

Now I have an insert with two blowers mounted right up front where I can easily reach them with a vacuum (Yes, I do this when the insert is cold. ;-) ) but I am wondering if I need to take them out and ever to do a more thorough job?

I run the blowers pretty much all day and into the night depending on temps. They are run on med. high to low most of that time. I burn from Oct. through early May depending on the temps. here.

Thanks for your ideas.

Make sure you turn it off when you remove ash or reload. Also once a year remove and clean. The last insert lastet 25 years and is still going as far as I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.