TN-20 one full season review, can't beat it....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BigDogYooper

Jun 5, 2016
U.P. michigan
Hello all, I bought a new TN-20 wood stove this past summer, and after using it FULL time 24-7 in a cold part of the country I thought it only fair to say Pacific Energy really did a great job on this stove. I honestly went the whole winter with never having to restart a fire (just stir coal's and load her up), easily heated my 1200 SF house (older home built 1940) never ran it with dampner open-no matter how cold, would load up stove about 10 PM at bed time and even when it was -5 outside my furnace would not kick on until about 6 AM. Most of winter the furnace NEVER kicked on-I used about $150. in propane all year, and I must say I did have a lot of low quality wood, next year I will burn ALL Beach wood, And a weird thing is that I never cleaned the door GLASS once, don't see how they pulled that off But it's nice alway's seeing fire-really help's learn how to best work your stove, and I really liked that stove load's north to south, Really have NO compaint's-so anyone looking for a $1000. stove that really get's it done and seem's to be very good quality then here you go. Any question's feel free to contact me.

Last edited:
Please add a photo, a victory shot, to show us your installation and stove to go along with your endorsement. I'm glad you liked the stove!

Thanks for the update. Reports for the TN19 were similar. Looks like they have done a good job here for the medium sized, value stove market.

Thanks for the update. Reports for the TN19 were similar. Looks like they have done a good job here for the medium sized, value stove market.
Yes begreen, couldn't be more satisfied, glad you helped talk me out of a older stove last spring-thank's for your advice in past....

REALLY-I hope I don't get so bored that I start spelling check people at 9:30 PM at night, have a good day (maybe a hobby)

Sweet! Good update! How tall is your chimney?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BigDogYooper
Great feeling when a plan comes together. Eh! Where in the UP? Love it up there.

Rode my 250 DS bike loaded with camp gear from here in Ia. up and around the perimeter of the UP in mid July 3 summers ago. Froze my a_se off big time;lol Finally headed south when I got to your town.

My avatar pic is the stove burning...........
Glad to read an actual review of this stove. I've had my eye on this one since it was the TN19.
Saw one in the showroom and the stove looked so tiny though. But I am used to seeing bigger stuff in this house I guess

I like the idea of the size range with N/S loading. Looking for a new stove for a small cabin. (700 sqft)
Haven't ruled this stove out yet.:)

I have a T5 in a 16x25 cabin. Cabins are hard to heat. You walk into them when they are 5°F and want them up to temp in a less than reasonable amount of time. Then you deal with little to no insulation, wind, marginal wood at times, and all the other fun stuff.

The hardest thing is the initial warm-up. I use a 15,000btu sunflower heater to help overcome a cold cabin. Electric space heaters also have a place here.

The other side of that, is what to do once you get the place up to temperature. I found thermal mass around the stove really helps with this. So does cold, unheated areas that you can blow cold air in from.