To much wood is a good thing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

struggle

Minister of Fire
Oct 24, 2006
NW Iowa

I hope these pictures show up. The first crib is way to full and the reason for the full top hence little circulation is due to several piles tipping over and I just started throwing wood on top.

The other two cribs are stacked further apart allowing air circulation.

Each crib is stacked at least 6" high. I have not really spilt any wood for some time and since getting the Mansfeild last winter I can now see that I may end up selling some of this as it will take some time to get rid of it.

At current burning rate with the new stove I figure at least five years or more worth of wood.

I by eyeing the crib figure they are about 18-20' accross.

Struggle-
That is an awesome supply!!!!!!
Nothing like the feeling of being ahead and ready, huh?

What used to be stored in those cribs?

Bob

It was just used for corn. This location is 7 miles from my house and is a pretty sweet deal as the owners I am friends with their son and I get all the wood and storage I want.

When I started cutting out there I cleaned up their grove of dead timber and they where thrilled at how things looked and since the cribs had not been used in 20 years I shoveled out about a foot of composted corn cobs and started stacking and storing on the concrete.

It is off the road so it is not seen from the hi-way.

Every once in a while the owners go out and take a few peices for use in an outdoor free standing fireplace thing.

I also get to use an old tractor when needed to move downed bucked trees.

The only downside would be if they ever moved then I would be back to square one, but they lived here their whole lives.

Now that's a sweet set up and a great supply of wood!

Got any with dancing girls inside? ;)

Hogwildz said:
Got any with dancing girls inside? ;)

Actually there were some that would get in there but they had four legs and made moooo moooooing sounds :-/

Looks lioke modified aviary (you know a big bird cage)

Status
Not open for further replies.