todays haul

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steeltowninwv

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 16, 2010
west virginia
sycamore locust and some buckeye..and a small amount of elm...didnt really want the buckeye..but im helping the farmer clear some land...and he hauls my wood to the house for me...only about 400 yards from the house....so if i can help him...he does this for me.

2011-10-26144020.gif

2011-10-26142902.gif

2011-10-26141702.gif

Sounds like a good trade.
Don't be a "wood snob" it is all BTUs
The locust offsets any lesser wood, take all you can get.
FREE DELIVERY :bug: you're spoiled :)

Great pics!
Great score!

I think I would take the wood and give him a foot message for that kind of help. LOL

This isn't a one time shot....I go cut on his land...and he hauls to the house..trust me I know how lucky I am

Nice! Get all you can. Like Bogey said, "it's all btu's"

Jags said:
Shoooot! I wouldn't even complain if he threw some pine in there. :bug:

What's wrong with pine?

You should go help him milk the cows (OOPS, that would be if Quads was the farmer) :)

You have a great neighbor, That's priceless!!!!

i do help him out anyway i can...this wood is ready to burn to....its dry..im gonna burn it up before i use my good oak and hickory and locust.....he tells me in the spring hes gonna cut down 40 or 50 more trees in this lot in the spring....all sycamore...hickory....oak...elm..walnut...and locust....i should be good for a few years.i even offered to cut him some wood but he wont have anything to do with it...dont get me wrong its still work..all he does is sit on the tractor...i load it and all..but man its awesome he hauls for me..cause i have no truck

Ken S said:
He deserves a nice christmas present

Good idea Ken. Nice situation you have going there steeltowninWV. I tried to give a fuel card to my neighbor for helping me move things around with his equipment and letting me borrow his home made wood splitter. He said no thanks, we need good neighbors more. You never know when I might need you if I hurt my back or something like that. Just like his parents did before them. Good people. Glad to see you are in a good relationship with the neighbors.

steeltowninwv said:
This isn't a one time shot....I go cut on his land...and he hauls to the house..trust me I know how lucky I am

I get it. My wife can give him a foot massage.. LOL

Nice, very nice arrangement indeed! Good (great) neighbors like that are hard to come by.

[quote author="steeltowninwv" date="1319669640"]sycamore locust and some buckeye..and a small amount of elm...didnt really want the buckeye..but im helping the farmer clear some land...and he hauls my wood to the house for me...only about 400 yards from the house....so if i can help him...he does this for me.

Very nice steeltowninwv, maybe you can help out WV next time the Cuse comes down. :snake:

zp

bogydave said:
Jags said:
Shoooot! I wouldn't even complain if he threw some pine in there. :bug:

What's wrong with pine?

That was the "joke". Ain't nothing wrong with any of the species he mentioned. ;-)

Good for you for helping out. Both parties turn out good in the end.

Wicked good deal for you . . . and a decent deal for him . . . don't be afraid to give him a small token gift to just show you appreciate his donation and work.

Status
Not open for further replies.