Told not to use my insert!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
So how would something like that be fixed? I mean, that's the floor.
We would need allot more info to know the proper fix. It may be as simple as just removing the wood. Or as complicated as taking out the entire hearth and hearth extension and pouring a new one.

Here is another pic. At first glance I thought it was the same but it's a but different. The part on the right is under the hearth and its a bit lower, maybe 3-4 inches. The part on the left is the subfloor.

View attachment 286725
In that case the wood is probably forms under the hearth extension slab and could probably be removed

Any option to remove the insert, build the correct rated floor covering and reinstall?

Any option to remove the insert, build the correct rated floor covering and reinstall?
The correct rated floor is a code compliant fireplace floor which has no combustibles under it. Chances are that just means removing the forms