Tomorrow is Vigas Day

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JP11

Minister of Fire
May 15, 2011
Central Maine
I'm like a little kid on Christmas Eve.

The tanks are upright and all washed of rust. In hopes Mr Vigas would soon visit us!

Been cleaning out the utility room and making room. I'll be happy to finish sweeping and cleaning up that rust.. it smells!

JP

Dont forget the pics!

Thats funny Henfruit I look directly at Mount Washington too and im close to 4000 mi away from you.

Yup I think I spend more time playing with the boiler than the wife JP. like a kid in a candy store

Well did it make it?

Hey. C'mon. Let's see some pictures here. We live in a computer age. No patience left. :eek:

LOL. I didn't take any pics. Patrick has a nice setup and made the delivery pretty easy. He didn't even let me fire up the kubota to unload it.

I've got ONE little pock mark on the sheet metal. It came with it. I'll take of the piece and buck the back side to tap out the one blemish.

I adjusted the door, and played with the fire brick (hey Pat, that fire brick is in a moveable tray, and the tray when pushed in exposes the brick on the bottom. As it sat when you dropped in, the rear nozzle was open to the bottom because the tray was forward.) Learn something new every day.

I put a call into AHONA. I made a mistake and said my existing oil boiler had 1" line coming out of it. They are actually 1 and an 1/4 so new math to be done on storage to zones plumbing.

I go away for 4 starting tomorrow. Plumber supposed to come get a game plan going next week when I'm home. Wife's master bath is coming along fast enough that she didn't grumble TOO MUCH when the boiler showed up.

JP

O it made it. Huff you dont get to see the buildings and the snow.

Mount Washington here has a ski resort the snow base was about 6 metres about 2 weeks ago. Its about 45 minutes away

JP, That lake shore drive was a little frost heavy and that trailer has a 6000 lbs axel so things may have been a bit out of place. Your contactor is a trip. How did that go when i left? You need to work on him some more.You will be happy when you get it all piped in and up and running.You have bueatiful home.I bet when all that grass gets green it looks nice. On an other note i watched the news this am and saw that jet blue pilot incedent.Be calm and cool when you are up there.

Huff, They ski in tuckermans ravine but they have to hike up.

Patrick.. that airline stuff is just job security for me. The folks that have the bucks pay my company to avoid that. Looks like a bolt from the inside dimpled out the sheet metal. I'll get it. Of course it couldn't have been on the back!

Yeah, the contractor is a piece of work. He's very good, and really smart. Just stubborn as hell. You have to beat him over the head with most stuff. I'm done trying to convince him till I can just SHOW him my system. He did all my earth work, and you can see he knows his business. He's doing the master bath tile, and keeping the wife off my back about the boiler. :)

I'm waiting on the new calcs from Mark for the piping to oil boiler. Plumber coming next week. Should see some black iron flying soon.

JP

Status
Not open for further replies.