Too good to be true?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a scam of some sorts. If it is real, would be a great deal.

Contact "seller" and ask if factory warranty is still in effect if you buy one. Also, state that you would be picking up & paying in person and see what they say.

Yeah. I looked into that auction.. Someone could have bought a bunch.

Let me know if its Legit. Seriously.

OK spoke to him he doesnt have them yet but is getting them soon just wanted to see the demand he has many models but again doesnt have them yet so not really sure

OK spoke to him he doesnt have them yet but is getting them soon just wanted to see the demand he has many models but again doesnt have them yet so not really sure
You spoke to the guy in Green Bay Wi?

sounds like he is trying to get a prepaid order together so he can have a large enough order to get distributor pricing. The last 6 or 7 years or so a lot of the mfg have been going with fairly large minimum orders. That means small shops end up with a higher cost due to the extra layer of mark up from a distributor. On the mfg side it is cheaper to make a large run of one item than 1/2 dozen of this and then that. Imports are always cheaper shipping wise by a full container load from one source.

Hey Smoke...just send me the $1300.00, the stove is already at the transport company as I have been sent to work overseas and am not available for an in person transaction (that is why I am offering the stove at such a low price). The stove will be delivered as soon as your funds clear my bank! ;)

Reactions: smoke show
boy, this stinks of pending disaster! is the guy from the Sudan?

I'm not even in the market. Just thought the ad was entertaining. He emailed back with his number and said to call and he would explain the situation.

Frankly I don't care because I'm not really interested, but if someone is PM me for his number. ;sick

I'm not even in the market. Just thought the ad was entertaining. He emailed back with his number and said to call and he would explain the situation.

Frankly I don't care because I'm not really interested, but if someone is PM me for his number. ;sick
Lets have it, I will
smiley-taunt005.gif

smoke yes i spoke to him said its from a foreclosure blah blah when i said from northland he said he didnt know then after a while he said yes, i looked on internet it looks like they went for 895 at auction plus fees he also has smaller ones cheaper but i think he is just looking to see if he can sell them he doesnt have them yet also he said credit card was no issue to take lets see

I looked into that auction back in the Winter.... I called and spoke with a woman from the auction company and said I could fill out the appropriate forms and bid from home.. They had 4 or 5 different Ecotek models. If it wasn't for me being responsible to find a shipping company, I would have bought one then. They were between $650-$950 IIRC...

It was a smoking deal.... This guy probably saw the investment potential and knew he could turn a good dollar the following heating season.

I doubt that its a scam... There were a Bunch of them to be sold at that auction... I would have rather bought one from the auctioneer though. Would have saved even more $$$

I looked into that auction back in the Winter.... I called and spoke with a woman from the auction company and said I could fill out the appropriate forms and bid from home.. They had 4 or 5 different Ecotek models. If it wasn't for me being responsible to find a shipping company, I would have bought one then. They were between $650-$950 IIRC...

It was a smoking deal.... This guy probably saw the investment potential and knew he could turn a good dollar the following heating season.

I doubt that its a scam... There were a Bunch of them to be sold at that auction... I would have rather bought one from the auctioneer though. Would have saved even more $$$

Hello

Yes, but if you have to pay your own shipping that can be big bucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.