Too hot to burn? Burn outside...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some orchards near work, thanks for that tip, I will do

Reactions: ScotO
Maybe I am the only one that likes Mesquite? It reminds me of Texas.

I love Mesquite ,its the strongest flavor pack wood there is . But sometime you want a bit more subtle

Or just a variety

You can't do Texas BBQ without it ;)

I love Mesquite ,its the strongest flavor pack wood there is . But sometime you want a bit more subtle

Or just a variety

You can't do Texas BBQ without it ;)
I like it too....especially on ribs or porkbutt......just not too much of it.....

Now I am missing brisket. :confused:

Scott has the pot to cook it in, I take that pot over the fire is all home made?

Put the briscket in, spices, veggies, potatoes, do some yard work and you will be good to go

Reactions: DevilsBrew
Scott has the pot to cook it in, I take that pot over the fire is all home made?
That 20 gallon pot is a stainless washtub out of an antique Speed Queen wringer washer.....
I TIG welded a stainless steel patch on the agitator hole in the bottom, and VOILLA....instant firepit kettle!
The tripod frame is made from rigid galvanized tubing and the top piece (where the chain trammel hangs from) is made out of scrap trampoline frame parts!! Gotta love that redneck ingenuity!!

I originally built that kettle to make maple syrup in the early springtime, but have since built an huge evaporator for doing the syrup. So the kettle is used for cooking goodies on the firepit. I have cooked 15 dozen ears of corn at one time in that kettle.....that thing is awesome!

That 20 gallon pot is a stainless washtub out of an antique Speed Queen wringer washer.....
I TIG welded a stainless steel patch on the agitator hole in the bottom, and VOILLA....instant firepit kettle!
The tripod frame is made from rigid galvanized tubing and the top piece (where the chain trammel hangs from) is made out of scrap trampoline frame parts!! Gotta love that redneck ingenuity!!

I originally built that kettle to make maple syrup in the early springtime, but have since built an huge evaporator for doing the syrup. So the kettle is used for cooking goodies on the firepit. I have cooked 15 dozen ears of corn at one time in that kettle.....that thing is awesome!
Damm you could cook soup for the entire neighbor hood..... Great idea you had

You should start some cooking with fire threads, your like a guru with this...

Damm you could cook soup for the entire neighbor hood..... Great idea you had
This fall, at the local fall festival, we're going to do a big kettle of ham, green beans and tater soup. Another group does a kettle of ham and bean. We'll do something a little different....

This fall, at the local fall festival, we're going to do a big kettle of ham, green beans and tater soup. Another group does a kettle of ham and bean. We'll do something a little different....
It's great that you can do things like that, yeah make some type of chowder, people will love it, potatoes make a soup into a chowder

Alright my man, I'm off to bed, I had a hard day at work, then did batting practice with the girls tonite, so I am off to bed, I will talk to you soon, thank you for all your help, I do appreciate it all....

Alright my man, I'm off to bed, I had a hard day at work, then did batting practice with the girls tonite, so I am off to bed, I will talk to you soon, thank you for all your help, I do appreciate it all....
Get some rest, bro. Lots of time to chat on here.......

This is our outdoor firepit area. It sits right in back of the house at the "cliffs" Its a fun place to go for a cold one and kick back. The last picture is from behind. (Can be a tough walk after a 12 pack...:D

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368917612957.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368917612957.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 101
  • uploadfromtaptalk1368917626023.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368917626023.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 121
  • uploadfromtaptalk1368917636625.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368917636625.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 99
Sweet, man.

This is our outdoor firepit area. It sits right in back of the house at the "cliffs" Its a fun place to go for a cold one and kick back. The last picture is from behind. (Can be a tough walk after a 12 pack...:D
I love it man, a great pace to get away and relax. Enjoy it as much as you can

The middle picture looks like a half of a moon shine still. Get a few more parts an you could be cooking up some good stuff.... Lol

I'm curious. Are you in the NE part of the state? That looks like the area.

Mideast pa close to deleware watergap, by the old copper mining areas. Our hideout is pa/ny border

Reactions: DevilsBrew
Status
Not open for further replies.