Too many bends?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dougnyr

Jan 7, 2020
VA
New to the forum and new to pellet stoves. This site has a ton of information and is a great resource. I have searched for information about this topic and have found less bends are more efficient. My issue is, I have an existing 6.5 inch dryer vent which is approx 2ft from the floor in a concrete foundation. Relocating the hole would be a daunting task. I have purchased a PelPro-130 stove and Duravent exhaust kit. In order to align the exhaust I have used 3 45 degree adapters to get it as close to the floor as possible. A hearth pad also may be required to raise it another inch or so for the final attachment. Also, an outside air kit will also be drilled through the foundation. I used the final 45 to point it away from a future wall. My question is, is this too many bends for proper drafting? Thank you for any insight
2BA332FA-CF2E-4AEA-A58D-89AC6107A03A.jpeg

Attachments

• 5FE978FC-49E0-4A9A-B1CF-E5BC48152921.jpeg
    5FE978FC-49E0-4A9A-B1CF-E5BC48152921.jpeg
    149.4 KB · Views: 163
  • F78012B7-8B79-4D90-900F-99841BD126E0.jpeg
    F78012B7-8B79-4D90-900F-99841BD126E0.jpeg
    219.1 KB · Views: 155
I would think you will be fine. I run a 45 into a 90 then outside with a 12" piece. Outside looks just like yours. Mine works fine. I just lbt mine more just to be sure. If you dont have a leaf blower, u need one

Dougnyr welcome to the forum

I have 3 -45s in my set up and it works fine and has for the last 19 years

New to the forum and new to pellet stoves. This site has a ton of information and is a great resource. I have searched for information about this topic and have found less bends are more efficient. My issue is, I have an existing 6.5 inch dryer vent which is approx 2ft from the floor in a concrete foundation. Relocating the hole would be a daunting task. I have purchased a PelPro-130 stove and Duravent exhaust kit. In order to align the exhaust I have used 3 45 degree adapters to get it as close to the floor as possible. A hearth pad also may be required to raise it another inch or so for the final attachment. Also, an outside air kit will also be drilled through the foundation. I used the final 45 to point it away from a future wall. My question is, is this too many bends for proper drafting? Thank you for any insightView attachment 254872

Looks good to me.

Hugh

Looks fine to me. A hearthpad or concrete blocks is probably a good idea so that you aren't all bent like a pretzel, or laying on the floor for maintenance. Your knees will thank you :)