Touch-up stove paint

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Woodcutter Tom

Feeling the Heat
Apr 28, 2019
Northern Illinois
Does anyone know where to buy a few ounces (1 - 3) of brush-on high temp stove paint? I want to be able to touch up a few scratches or small patches. Looking for something like the automobile touch up containers with a brush.
I have seen 16 ounce cans. I don't need anywhere near that amount.
A spray can would be too messy for what I want to do.

What type of stove do you have? Many manufacturers offer small touch up containers, the size of a fingernail polish bottle for enamel chip repair. If it’s not enamel, you can still use a “rattle” can. Simply spray paint on a piece of cardboard & dip a small paint brush into the paint & apply it to your stove.

I'd spray in the cap of a spray can and use a brush to transfer to the stove?

I haven't heard of brush on (or low volume) stove paint.

Thanks guys. SBI does offer 12oz spray cans for their Drolet Escapes stoves. $16 plus S & H. Looks like I'll use the spray on cardboard and brush method.

Reactions: BillBurns