Trade shows

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wg_bent

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
Poughkeepsie, NY
Hey Eric, you illuded to trade shows...Any clue on when/where? Any websites to look at?

The big show for the industry (and, yes, it is BIG) is coming up in March. This year it will be in Salt Lake City.

The HPBA show, however, is not intended for the general public and would be cost prohibitive for a non-member to attend.

Warren,

I was talking about logging/sawmilling trade shows. There's a big one in Richmond, VA at the end of May, 2006 and another big one that the trade association I work for puts on in Burlington, VT, May 12-13, 2006. Last year we had a very successful show in Bangor, Maine. Look for me, I'll be one of the guys driving a forklift, trying to get everything set up before the show opens. You can pre-register for free after Jan. 1 at: nefpexpo.com

They demonstrate Saws at these shows?

Eric Johnson said:
Warren,

I was talking about logging/sawmilling trade shows. There's a big one in Richmond, VA at the end of May, 2006 and another big one that the trade association I work for puts on in Burlington, VT, May 12-13, 2006. Last year we had a very successful show in Bangor, Maine. Look for me, I'll be one of the guys driving a forklift, trying to get everything set up before the show opens. You can pre-register for free after Jan. 1 at: nefpexpo.com

I once went to Woodmans Field Days in upstate NY. That was a cool loggers show!

They had all those axe and chainsaw contests...I even videotaped one and got a woman who slipped and hit her ankle with the axe - luckily the paramedics were standing by and they hauled her away immediately.

Some cool firewood processors at these shindigs!

Hmmm... 90 miles to Richmond. Think I know one place I am going this year.

Saws, portable sawmills, firewood processors, skidders, whole-tree processors, whole-tree chippers, house grinders, kunckleboom loaders, cart forwarders, logging supplies--you name it.

Boonville is a great show, but it's a little more "down-home" than the other two I mentioned. We try to cut out most of the carnival atmosphere and play up the professional, heavily-capitalized logging and sawmilling angle. Both are still good places to see all of the above and yes, to try out some new saws. See you in Richmond, BB. I'll have a booth (The Northern Logger). Stop by and say hi.

Status
Not open for further replies.