Traefire Disappointment...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2014
SE MA
This our first season burning pellets, we have an Enviro Empress Insert. We started off the season with a few bags if Stove Chow and FSU. Both were pretty ashy, but we were happy with the heat we got from our new stove. Our local dealer usually sells MWP, but back in November they couldn't get them, and they were selling Traefire Pellets. The MWP were $265/ton, and the Traefire were $305/ton. They told me that they had burned the Traefire, and they were great.

Well, the Traefire really suck. Our stove hardly puts out any heat with the. We are sitting 7ft away from the stove, and are actually chilly. They are seriously ashy, much worse than the Stove Chow was. Some of the pellets are 2" long, and we cannot run the stove on low setting without it going out. I picked up 6 bags of the NH Green Supreme at HD, and I immediately noticed the difference in heat and ash output.

I still have 1 1/4 tons of these horrible pellets, and I am very dissatisfied. If you run across these, don't be tempted by them, run the other way!

Status
Not open for further replies.