traeger wood furnace has smoke backing up

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nadine

Feb 2, 2015
CT
It was burning fine but all of sudden started to smoke up through the hopper. I have let more draft air but no improvement. I find that since it is so cold it is constantly calling for heat and the pot seems to fill up. I take a tiny shovel and scoop out burning pellets to make room, I clean this thing out every few days,

Any suggestions as what I am doing wrong?

Got it on 16 minute idle time now and medium draft.

plugged intake for the air? Just shooting from the hip as I have no idea the design of this stove. Plugged holes in the pot. Our pellet boiler needed them clean monthly.

plugged intake for the air? Just shooting from the hip as I have no idea the design of this stove. Plugged holes in the pot. Our pellet boiler needed them clean monthly.
Thanks I did open up the air intake a bit more thinking it needed to burn hotter. Thinking maybe there is something that is in the vent pipe, it goes up the chimney but we have had some heavy wind and snow, just thinking of possibilities before I get into that messy job.

Status
Not open for further replies.