Trailer question..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary_602z

Minister of Fire
Oct 30, 2009
Lake Odessa,MI
Okay will my Polaris 500 Sportsman pull a 8ft. by 5 ft. trailer okay with about 1/3 of a cord(can't say face cord here)?
I want to get one trailer that I can use to haul wood and my lawn mower (50 inch deck) with either my truck or the quad. Basically it would be 3 miles at tops with the quad on dirt roads. I would like a smaller trailer to pull wood with for the quad but then it is to small to haul the lawn mower.

Gary

With IRS it's hard to get enough tongue weight to get the braking power you need. It will have no problem hauling on the level or up a grade, but downhill can be a big problem.

Pics or it didn't happen!:) Got a 5x8 trailer. About 1/3 of a cord of Beech on it.

Gary
quadtrailer.jpg

You will soub find yourself putting more than 1/3 cord in that trailer.... And your atv will haul it

Status
Not open for further replies.