Traveling to Upstate New York from Michigan - Want to pick up a few bags of "favorites" - What and w

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lbcynya

Feeling the Heat
Oct 26, 2006
W Michigan
Will be spending this week in Buffalo, Rochester and Syracuse. Want to pick up a variety of "super premium" pellets for fun. Let me know what you suggest and where I should stop to buy them! Thanks!!

Have currently only burned Pro Pellets and Stove Chow. Have some Somersets, but haven't burned them yet. :)

Best price isn't really a concern since I'm only picking up a few bags for science...yeah, that's it...science.

Thanks!!

While in Syracuse, stop up at Meneillys. They had Cubex last time I knew.....maybe call them in advance.

Meneilly's Woodland Products
175 Whipple Rd
Bernhards Bay, NY 13028
(315)675-3530

if you want to drive about 35 minutes south of syracuse, you can come pick up some of those cubex from me for a great price... :)

chrisasst said:
if you want to drive about 35 minutes south of syracuse, you can come pick up some of those cubex from me for a great price... :)

Oh yeah....forgot about that Chris. I'm up in the Syracuse area occasionally for work and personal reasons....next time I'll contact you and stop by for a visit. If you have the Cubex still, I'll take some off your hands for sure.

Hint, hint - Looking for some Hamer's and Barefoots too. ;-)

My offer to help is still there Chris. I don't like having some one buy a product and not be happy. We have Cubex in stock at $225 picked up. We have NEWP for $208 picked up also. There is a place in Central Square NY J.J. Feeds with Barefoot pellets I think $269 per ton. ACE hardware in Central Square also has Dry Creek no clue the price.

Thanks for the tips, folks. Any Hamer's in Upstate NY??? Think I will pick up a couple bags of Cubex, Barefoot and maybe 1 or 2 more brands. Thanks again.

Ithaca lowes has Hamers.. and presto logs. Barefoot are easy to come by up here

lbcynya said:

J&J Feeds just up the road from us in Central Square has Barefoot. If you want to shoot up a few exits north of Syracuse and want to see an award winning Hearth showroom, stop by Fireside Chatts. Let me know when your coming and I'll have the Europa fired up and you can see the heat it puts out at 2 lbs per hour. Mention Hearth.com when you come in and I'll give ya 3 bags of Curran softwoods to try for free. Sold a 150 tons or so this year, only one complaint so far. (that person had an unfortunate accident involved cut break lines shortly thereafter. Nothing to do with me being sicilian)

dhungy said:
Ithaca lowes has Hamers.. and presto logs. Barefoot are easy to come by up here

Really, might have to go down tomorrow and get some to try. Do they sell by the bag?

Meneillys said:
My offer to help is still there Chris. I don't like having some one buy a product and not be happy. We have Cubex in stock at $225 picked up. We have NEWP for $208 picked up also. There is a place in Central Square NY J.J. Feeds with Barefoot pellets I think $269 per ton. ACE hardware in Central Square also has Dry Creek no clue the price.

thanks, if I was 100% sure that it was the pellets then I would, but I am afraid it is my stove that does not like them..

Yes they sell by the bag. I have been burning both brands from there. right now they have presto logs inside. They have a great price on them $189.00 a ton. Home depot also has that price last time I was there they had stove chow and freedom fuel. TSC has AWF for $189.00 a ton and Walmart has penningtons for $183.00

Franks said:
lbcynya said:

J&J Feeds just up the road from us in Central Square has Barefoot. If you want to shoot up a few exits north of Syracuse and want to see an award winning Hearth showroom, stop by Fireside Chatts. Let me know when your coming and I'll have the Europa fired up and you can see the heat it puts out at 2 lbs per hour. Mention Hearth.com when you come in and I'll give ya 3 bags of Curran softwoods to try for free. Sold a 150 tons or so this year, only one complaint so far. (that person had an unfortunate accident involved cut break lines shortly thereafter. Nothing to do with me being sicilian)
Classic example of don't get mad get even. :snake:

FordMastertech said:
Franks said:
lbcynya said:

Note to self :

DO NOT piss off FrankS :exclaim: ;-)

Haha. Thanks for all the input, guys. I did find Hamer's at Lowes in Batavia, NY - $4.27 per bag. They also had Inferno's, but I haven't heard good things about them. I also picked up some Freedom Fuel at HD in Batavia for $3.74 per bag to see how the larger diameter .320" performs (based on the review, long burn times...).

FrankS, I might take you up on your offer. If I don't like them, I'll be sure you don't have my address. :) Just kidding.

Just in Batavia Lowes today and was going to mention the Infernos and Hamer's, damn... Morg's in Pavilion,NY has PA Pellets.

PJF1313 said:
FordMastertech said:
Franks said:
lbcynya said:

Note to self :

I am glad Franks didn't get pissed at me for undercutting him last year ;). Cubex did good this year over 1000 tons sold and only 3 complaints. New England improved also 100 tons sold and no returns or complaints. If your at Fireside Chatts Meneilly's is only another 15 minutes down the road. I hear many good things about those Curran Softwood Pellets. I like the clear bags they have too.

Meneillys said:
PJF1313 said:
FordMastertech said:
Franks said:
lbcynya said:

Note to self :

I am glad Franks didn't get pissed at me for undercutting him last year ;). Cubex did good this year over 1000 tons sold and only 3 complaints. New England improved also 100 tons sold and no returns or complaints. If your at Fireside Chatts Meneilly's is only another 15 minutes down the road. I hear many good things about those Curran Softwood Pellets. I like the clear bags they have too.

You should see how they wrap the pellets on the skid. shrink wrap, huge bag, more shrink wrap, its nuts. I dont mind you undercutting me there neighbor. In fact, when the market is such where I cant make 50 bucks a ton, I just send folks to you and JJ feeds. I'm happy selling 3-500 tons per year of pellets. I'm a one man show here, so thats about as many trips as I feel like makin to the warehouse. Have you been in our showroom yet? If not, you should stop by and say hello.

I have Barefoots, Keystones and NEWP right now. No dry creeks but we are about 60 miles south of Rochester so prob a little farther then you be traveling.

Not sure if I'll end up in Syracuse due to the weather. Any chance of me finding Cubex around Rochester? Thanks again for all the replies... Hopefully I was able to bring neighbors together... :)

You did. I just got done casting...I mean sewing a new set of shoe's for the boys at Meneilly’s. Now we just need the ice to clear off Oneida Lake.

Status
Not open for further replies.