Tree house

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We had to pull off pieces/nails from the house+shed to make the roof weather tight.

I will never forget the sound my father made when he discovered what we were up to.....

Brings back good memories. Me and my bro used to build tree houses...but we called them "forts."

They were no where near as cool as the tree houses in this thread but we thought they were the chit.

My bro used to steal the kitchen "throw rugs" to bring to the fort as well as some other odds and ends.

He threatened me with my life not to tell...and I never did tell where those friggin rugs went. _g
Mother was pi$$ed let me tell ya.;lol

I can still see the remnants of the old fort in the woods when I go to my parents house....makes me smile.... half smiley.jpg
Good times....

Reactions: ScotO
my brother and I built our tree fort on someone else's property...hehe. it was a big property at the time, and Old Mr. Robinson isn't the type to go walking around his property edge (he's still alive today, and he was Old Mr. Robinson then...now he must be Real Old Mr. Robinson). He has since sub-divided his land and a few houses were built on it, one in the place of our old fort. It was unsafe, 2 decker. Top floor about 20' up with a "crows nest" in one of the trees that was close to 45' up. I never went up there. 2 nails through a 1x2 don't make for what I call "a safe ladder". We used to put on safety goggles and shoot bent nails at each other from home made zip guns utilizing those big red packing elastics. Those were fun, and stung a bit. Agreed Gamma....good times.

Super nice job on all structures displayed here folks.....super nice. High 5!

Reactions: GAMMA RAY
thats funny, i can remember too about my old tree forts were old cut off 2x4's and such things haphazardly nailed across a different levels of branches and it is truly amazing we live to tell this story LOL,

Little did i know when building this more elaborate tree house that later in my kids years this thing would be used to lauch paintballs and BB's at the world and stash girls into with hidden booooze LOL (this is why you see the steps ripped out and no ladder access) LOL

my brother and I built our tree fort on someone else's property...hehe. it was a big property at the time, and Old Mr. Robinson isn't the type to go walking around his property edge (he's still alive today, and he was Old Mr. Robinson then...now he must be Real Old Mr. Robinson). He has since sub-divided his land and a few houses were built on it, one in the place of our old fort. It was unsafe, 2 decker. Top floor about 20' up with a "crows nest" in one of the trees that was close to 45' up. I never went up there. 2 nails through a 1x2 don't make for what I call "a safe ladder". We used to put on safety goggles and shoot bent nails at each other from home made zip guns utilizing those big red packing elastics. Those were fun, and stung a bit. Agreed Gamma....good times.

Super nice job on all structures displayed here folks.....super nice. High 5!

sounds like you guys were buncha hellions LOL ....all poor Ole' Mr. Robinson could see is a lawsuit coming down the pike watching you! LOL

The tree house looks awesome!

My daughter is wanting me to build her one and I promised I would this spring.......Then my work put me on mandatory 60 hour work weeks and that was the end of me getting anything done around the house for awhile!

Great job to all!

Status
Not open for further replies.