Trip wall pipe inside brick chimney

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mofish75

Oct 30, 2016
Fayetteville,GA
I am putting(or attempting to put) triple wall pipe inside existing brick chimney.any ideas on how to raise the pipe after each 3'section is added from bottom (cant come from top.)?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Reactions: coreboy83
I am putting(or attempting to put) triple wall pipe inside existing brick chimney.any ideas on how to raise the pipe after each 3'section is added from bottom (cant come from top.)?
Like dansky said that is not what that type of pipe is designed for why are you attempting to do it that way?

If it fits, any down Side? Would it be like an ultra ultra safe installation?

Reactions: mofish75
If it fits, any down Side? Would it be like an ultra ultra safe installation?
The down sides would be the cost the difficulty of installation and the fact that you would be voiding the warantee and probably the ul listing

The down sides would be the cost the difficulty of installation and the fact that you would be voiding the warantee and probably the ul listing

was curious how this could void the warranty and UL listing.

was curious how this could void the warranty and UL listing.
Because it would be installed in an environment it was not designed to be used in there fore you are not following installation instructions which voids all of that. But there would be no safety issue as long as it could be supported correctly which would be an issue.

Because it would be installed in an environment it was not designed to be used in there fore you are not following installation instructions which voids all of that. But there would be no safety issue as long as it could be supported correctly which would be an issue.

would the environment inside a masonry chimney lead to corrosion of triple wall?

would the environment inside a masonry chimney lead to corrosion of triple wall?
Yes it could. But like I said I dont necessarily see a problem doing it but if there was an issue the manufacturer likely will not honor any warantee. And I honestly don't see how you could install it and support it correctly