TSC equine pellet bedding

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah! fried Yaki ! loved that stuff ( dunno how to spell it either) but yeah, was like a fried dumpling with cabbage carrot radish and usually ground pork in it. salted and served in a paper bag. after way too many OB beers or soju they were the best drunk food on the planet. developed a taste for Kimchee as well still eat it when i can find it.

we used to have a Korean restaurant in town that made the typical Korean fare and was quite good but the old woman "Agima" passed away and the place closed.
Korea has some really delicious cuisine they get a bad rap from the dog meat

Reactions: WriteNoob
stovdumplinga post: 1870101 said:
yeah! fried Yaki ! loved that stuff ( dunno how to spell it either) but yeah, was like a fried dumpling with cabbage carrot radish and usually ground pork in it. salted and served in a paper bag. after way too many OB beers or soju they were the best drunk food on the planet. developed a taste for Kimchee as well still eat it when i can find it.

we used to have a Korean restaurant in town that made the typical Korean fare and was quite good but the old woman "Agima" passed away and the place closed.
Yaki Mandu with Ponzu sauce. (Basically a Won Ton) You can easily make that and Kimchee as well.

Can't even think the word 'Soju', without getting a phantom hangover. Back in the 80's, we could get a medium sized popcorn bag of those Yaki for a buck. Hard to find decent Kimchee, in the north woods. You guys brought back some fun memories. I'll stop interrupting the thread now, but thanks.

Can't even think the word 'Soju', without getting a phantom hangover. Back in the 80's, we could get a medium sized popcorn bag of those Yaki for a buck. Hard to find decent Kimchee, in the north woods. You guys brought back some fun memories. I'll stop interrupting the thread now, but thanks.

ditto here , was there 89-90 myself, we used to get it in the plain brown paper bag like one used to pack a lunch in, for a thousand won, basically like a buck and a quarter or so.

A few years back we needed some pellets as we were way down on shells and pellets were the only tune in town.

I scarfed up a full ton of bedding pellets CHEAP and they ran in the Quad 1000 just fine

It's amazing where some of these threads can go.....

But it's easy to pull 'em back...

TSC has the equine bedding on sale down here in today's flyer, $4.99 a bag.

I hear a lot about these pine bedding pellets can I use these with regular duravent pipe or are they only safe for the multi fuel stoves with the other kind of pipe?

Fine with regular duravent

Always looking to try different brands, I'll try to get some and see how they burn..

Ran these last night. Not mixed with other pellets, just these. OMG, Becky look at that heat.

I need to get a temp probe for the blower vent. Right now all I have is the back of the hand test. Running on HR-4, which has been the setting for the past week or 2, I can't get my hand within 10 inches of the thing. Raging white fire, very little ash.

It was -18°F last night in Palermo and the house was at 74°F.

I think next season at least 2 of the tons I buy will be these just to have for the cold snaps.

Ran these last night. Not mixed with other pellets, just these. OMG, Becky look at that heat.

I need to get a temp probe for the blower vent. Right now all I have is the back of the hand test. Running on HR-4, which has been the setting for the past week or 2, I can't get my hand within 10 inches of the thing. Raging white fire, very little ash.

It was -18°F last night in Palermo and the house was at 74°F.

I think next season at least 2 of the tons I buy will be these just to have for the cold snaps.
Swipe Becky's meat thermometer:)

Reactions: stoveguy2esw
Wow...! I'm going to try some of those horse pellets. My local TSC selling them for $5.00 a bag. Btw, did I mention how much I LOVE my Accentra 52i? Well, I do. I did a complete clean of the stove Friday after having it installed that Monday. My house has NEVER felt this warm.

Reactions: Peterfield
Pelletized chicken crap, thats funny! lol Guess imma have to try and find some Pine Pellets. I have read they work great and burn hot...guess ill have to test that theory...seems as though, TSC is the only place that has them though..

Sounds like my wife. IMO cats are a PITA especially when dumping in the grass and me stepping in the poop. Cat poop is nasty.... Cats are nasty.

When we bought our home three years ago, the seller asked if I could feed the feral cats for her (which they had done for years and had caused damage to their scratching post/deck). Haven't seen a single one in the past year. Can't figure out why??

image.jpg

Reactions: mustangwagz
Ok they throw heat. What about consumption? Does it equate to stove pellets?

When it isn't below zero, I am actually able to run my stove 1 setting lower (HR-2 instead of 3) to keep the house comfortable. This is turn lowers my consumption since my feed rate is tied to the HR setting. There is no manual feed rate setting for my stove.

We just left TSC and I bought a couple bags tp try. Not that I need any pellets but they look interesting.

Reactions: mustangwagz
Oh Great!! Now that the cat is out of the bag, there will be horse bedding shortages too!!

My son bought a few bags today at TSC in Ipswich, MA and is burning them now. Hasn't been able to compare heat and ash quite yet but is impressed as they lit off fine and had a nice pine smell. Funny thing was they had to charge him sales tax because they are bedding pellets, not home heating pellets.

I picked up 6 bags of equine pellets from TSC today. I cleaned my stove really well and loaded it up with these pellets. I'm so impressed! My glass is staying clean and the HEAT is awesome. I'll definitely purchase more of these $5 per bag pellets.

So far, I've burned Hardwood Heat, did pick up Green Supreme and most definitely the heat output didn't compare with Hardwood Heat. I still haven't gotten to my Lignetic's they're at the bottom of piles and piles of Hardwood Heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.