Turbulators, Solo Plus 30

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
My 2 cents, have a tarm solo running 1000 gal storage. I ran chain turbulators last year, it did drop the stack temps some, but thought this year I would go with their offering which are the zig zag style, huge drop in temps, and increase in heat transfer. I estimate a 20%-30% reduction in wood consumption to increase BTU's in storage tanks. Great investment imho

My 2 cents, have a tarm solo running 1000 gal storage. I ran chain turbulators last year, it did drop the stack temps some, but thought this year I would go with their offering which are the zig zag style, huge drop in temps, and increase in heat transfer. I estimate a 20%-30% reduction in wood consumption to increase BTU's in storage tanks. Great investment imho

Several years later and they are still in place and working fine.

Several years later and they are still in place and working fine.
I went back through the thread and cant see who you ordered them from?. Sound like if they lasted this long its good place to buy them.

I went back through the thread and cant see who you ordered them from?. Sound like if they lasted this long its good place to buy them.
Oh crap!!! Now for a visit to the Way Back Machine Mr. Peabody.

Remember I'm not there full time... yet. If I sand blasted them really quick you'd never know they were used. I'll have to dig thru some emails as I did mention to Chris at Tarm where I had them made.

Fuel Efficiency LLC out of Clyde NY. 12.5X12 and they were 29.95 ea. There were a bunch of places on the WWW but these guys were sort of local and the turnaround was great.

Last edited:
Directly fro Tarm $177 delivered to my door for 6 of them
They couldn't sell me what they didn't have when I was looking for some.

Oh crap!!! Now for a visit to the Way Back Machine Mr. Peabody.

Remember I'm not there full time... yet. If I sand blasted them really quick you'd never know they were used. I'll have to dig thru some emails as I did mention to Chris at Tarm where I had them made.

Fuel Efficiency LLC out of Clyde NY. 12.5X12 and they were 29.95 ea. There were a bunch of places on the WWW but these guys were sort of local and the turnaround was great.
Thanks for cranking up the wayback machine. My turbulators are burned about 1/3 of the way up but then again they are around 35 years old. I dont think there are lot of Burnham Wood Boiler still running so expect I need custom cut.

I might have been the "founder" of chain turbulators. They drop the flue temp by 100F or more.

I have never seen any creosote on the chain, I don't brush or clean the chain any more than rattling it in the tubes before pulling out so I can brush the tubes. Do this about once a month during the heating season.