Tying into existing Chimney???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dmaves

So I discovered that the stove pipe and chimney on my newly purchases house was in severe need of being cleaned/replaced; I am planning to replace the stovepipe that runs from the wood furnace to the chimney, but after taking it apart I discovered that there was no adapter or tee at the transition of the stovepipe to chimney. The chimney has a rectangle terracotta flue liner and the wood furnace is using round stove pipe. I was just wondering what would the typical process be for tying the stovepipe into the chimney? I attached a drawing showing my application; the stove pipe passes through a basement block wall where it then transitions into the chimney via 10"x10" square hole in the terracotta.

Attachments

• CHIM-1.jpg
    CHIM-1.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 299
Status
Not open for further replies.