Ugly stacks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoot23

Minister of Fire
Mar 28, 2012
Alfred, Me
My sisters idea of stacking pellets.

2012-06-10 15.22.21.jpg

Beautiful pellets, ugly stacks. I'm so anal that if those were in my house, I'd be re-stacking them!

Proves Woman should not be handling pellets......yes the wife does not read my posts.......just kidding by the way

Proves Woman should not be handling pellets......yes the wife does not read my posts.......just kidding by the way

That's a bold statement, the ladies on here are gonna be chimin in. I gave her he'll for it and her two boys. When I delivered the last ton, they were all nice and neat. But she moved them to make room for her new mower.

I would divorce her....... just kidding, you got it pretty good. I have a hard time getting my wife to help me with any physical labor even if its just moving a couch or something 10 feet. Never mind stacking all them bags of pellets.

My worst stacks never looked like that... This stack is leaning a little. Every time I go downstairs, I wanna re-stack it .

My garage stacks are not perfectly neat. But they still need to come downstairs sometime this summer :( Not looking forward to it. ligs-1.jpg ligs2-1.jpg pellets3.jpg

Reactions: Lousyweather
Looks good Dex. Mine aren't that neat, but a little organization to them.

And I thought us cordwood burners got a little wacky about our stacks....

Dex, I'm not sure there's hope left, the odds are stacked against you! (groan...) ;)

Reactions: DexterDay
You see, you stack them all messy, then you don't get asked to do it again!

Here's my stack. I set it straight, then forget about it. :p

Stove-Install-012-web.jpg

Doesn't look any worse than how the local big box stores stack them..:oops:

Reactions: Hoot23
From the roof yes, but sadly it is disappearing at porch level as the trees grow higher. It was quite spectacular 18 yrs ago.

Reactions: Eatonpcat
From the roof yes, but sadly it is disappearing at porch level as the trees grow higher. It was quite spectacular 18 yrs ago.

Sharpen up the chainsaw!

Nice pellets
Efficient use of other labor to re-stack them...

BeGreen, "Not all trees were meant to be hugged!"

---Nailer---

BeGreen, "Not all trees were meant to be hugged!"

---Nailer---

I'll say, our hawthorn definitely is not one to hug. Same for some locusts. They bite back!

How would you like to hug this one? :eek: (ceiba speciosa)

thory tree.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.