uh, 2 " already

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mass_burner

Minister of Fire
Sep 24, 2013
SE Mass
snow not supposed to start till 6pm. Why am I not surprised.

Ready for the power outage. Battery packs fully charged on trickle, Prius topped off, snow thrower ready and staged, wood bin full in basement.

Bring it on.

Reactions: Swedishchef
Ha - well, I'm ready here I think. Not expecting a whole lot though based on the forecasted rain tomorrow morning. Just enough to mess up the evening plans though.

I bought a generator over the summer - haven't fired it up yet (no point in letting the gas go stale in there eh?). The electrician I found (friend of friend) hasn't yet come to install the plug - "next week" is his theme, but I did agree that timing wasn't essential until there was a need but still I'd be happier with it done already.

I'm more concerned about the with, they're saying 40+. That's sure to take out the power. My Prius is my generator, 1500 watts for fridge, TV/cable.

Just came over my phone...

GALE WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM TO 7 AM EST SUNDAY ...

* WINDS AND SEAS ...EAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 40 KT. SEAS 2 TO 3 FEET.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS ...

A GALE WARNING MEANS WINDS OF 34 TO 47 KNOTS ARE IMMINENT OR OCCURRING. OPERATING A VESSEL IN GALE CONDITIONS REQUIRES EXPERIENCE AND PROPERLY EQUIPPED VESSELS. IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED THAT MARINERS WITHOUT THE PROPER EXPERIENCE OR EQUIPMENT SEEK SAFE HARBOR PRIOR TO THE ONSET OF GALE CONDITIONS.

Reactions: m12
We've got quite a bit already... Was colder than predicted, hope that means the rain transition will hold off. I'm not worried about loosing power, just not looking forward to clearing 6 inches of slush.

Ahhh..I love it when my blower throws water out it's chute.

Winds of up to 70 km/h and 20-30cm of snow for here. Should make for a fun drive to work tomorrow.

Andrew

Turned to rain around 3am. 6" of slush :(
IMG_20131215_080551.jpg

I'm more concerned about the with, they're saying 40+. That's sure to take out the power. My Prius is my generator, 1500 watts for fridge, TV/cable.

No power outage, not a very big event for us. Actually, its 43 now here close to the coast. Going to try out the new to me '78 Ariens.

Too a while but we got I done. Just in time too as the temps are falling earlier than they thought and its all turning to ice.

Today the entire family is coming for the twins 3rd birthday party so I got lots to do yet!!!! :)

Reactions: Swedishchef
Too a while but we got I done. Just in time too as the temps are falling earlier than they thought and its all turning to ice.

Today the entire family is coming for the twins 3rd birthday party so I got lots to do yet!!!! :)

Happy BIrthday party twins!

I am guessing your statement above (in bold) should have been "It took a while but we got it done."? I kinda felt like I was on the Wheel of Fortune. ha ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.