Ultimate splitter?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bogydave

Minister of Fire
Dec 4, 2009
So Cent ALASKA
Was looking for a used log splitter, found this on Craiglist alaska.
May be more than I need. But ???
3k03pf3l85T65S75Re9b8fb7f8d1ff34111.jpg

Thats cool. Want one for my tractor.

That's one of those fancy SELF-PROPELLED log splitters!

ohhhh ya that is sweet

That's pretty cool. Split as you unload! Then you only have to lift the rounds once. Was the whole truck for sale, or just the splittter? PTO driven?

Flatbedford said:
That's pretty cool. Split as you unload! Then you only have to lift the rounds once. Was the whole truck for sale, or just the splittter? PTO driven?

Truck & all, 85 chevy, $4500
Good reason to come see Alaska, fly in & drive out.

Link: http://anchorage.craigslist.org/cto/1456883573.html

May have to copy & paste in web address or googlel it.

It is impressive. Not trip to Alaska impressive. At least not for me. I hand split and drive Ford trucks.

great idea, but if that splitter is run off truck engine pto then you may be using a lot of fuel. also splitting by that pig of a carburated engine at idle next to the tailpipe ??? just verify that the vehicle isn't being sold due to the previous owner passing away from co poisoning. if it has a second engine for splitter then not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.