Unable to get high pellet feed rate

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look at my post again I did give the sources: 10 feet of horizontal is from Woodpelletheat.com a company out of Canada. I guess without data it is hard to determine if you have the 2 1/2 inches of rise that you would not get adequate draft in a 10 foot section, I am assuming they ran the test. But I could be wrong.

The terms in the Englander are very vague. With out values its impossible to make any determination. You have no way to quantify what is excessive and how many is too many elbows. Not sure why they can publish a minimum vertical rise distance but not the maximum horizontal run or the max number of bends in a system. It would make life so much easier.

I have the same number of 90 and 45 as this picture from the Englander manual. Probably abut the same horizontal run, mine is in 1 section and in there drawing its in 2 section. If you took the Tee and connected it directly to the stove and kept the vertical run inside the house and added all of the horizontal run to the top you would have my set.

Attachments

• englander stove install.JPG
    englander stove install.JPG
    11.4 KB · Views: 65
I just found another manual for Lennox Hearth Product also list a max of 10 feet horizonal. I am not saying its a good idea it just a dimension list by the stove manufacture

From Harmon P38 manual: The maximum horizontal run should not exceed 48".

Breckwell has some nice information, not only do they list out pipe length calculation but they also give advice on pit falls of putting elbow too close and adding horizontal section after the vertical. This is nice since it calculates pipe length base off of air flow restriction
Pipe running vertically counts as 1/2' of pipe for 1' of pipe
1 90 = 5 Ft
1 45 = 3 Ft
1 Tee(I assume this is equal to a 90) = 5 Ft

Gives me 19.5 feet and if I was running 3" I would have issues I should still be good at 4".

This I also found this in Breckwell manual "Have a minimum of 6" of horizontal pipe off the back of the unit before you install an elbow to go out the side wall." I go directly into my Tee, wondering if this could be an issue. All the install pictures I have see have a horizontal section of pipe before the Tee.

I may try to add this 6" pipe and make sure I have at least 1" of rise in my horizontal pipe this weekend. Its kind of a shame it takes this much work to find information and I still don't know who right.

Status
Not open for further replies.