Uncontrollable US Stove 6041 HF

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flat47

Jan 5, 2014
The County, ME
Looking for help figuring out what just happened to my US Stove 6041HF wood pellet stove (new in 2009 and in use with no issues until this past week).

Had the stove set on heat range 1 over night. Bumped it up to 2 first thing in the morning. About 1.5 hours later went to turn it back down to 1 and saw the display showing heat range 3 and none of the controls worked. Since it was -18 out we let it run, then tried to regulate it with the draft door. Eventually it shut itself down, showing error code 1 (over heat, auto shut down).

Now we can't restart it - all it reads is error 1 on the display and runs like it's trying to shut down (room and exhaust fans run). Called US Stove and they said to check the control panel fuses - we did and all were ok. I changed them anyway - no change. No other help from US Stove - said they've never run into this. They told us how to clear the error codes, but it just goes back to error 1 with both the fans running.

Any help would be great. We made it through the real cold stuff, but more is sure to come.

Thanks!

Unplug the stove and locate the high limit snap disc. Hopefully it is a manual reset and you need to press the button on it to reset. Reset it and plug back in. It should run. Unplugging will reset board. You need to figure out why it tripped. My guess it needs a good cleaning including the exhaust.

Unplug the stove and locate the high limit snap disc. Hopefully it is a manual reset and you need to press the button on it to reset. Reset it and plug back in. It should run. Unplugging will reset board. You need to figure out why it tripped. My guess it needs a good cleaning including the exhaust.

Thanks for the quick reply. The high and low snap sensors are not manual reset, and tripping the high leaves an open circuit, correct? Wouldn't by-passing the sensor with a jumper wire create a closed circuit and allow the stove to run? I tried this (to diagnose, not run) and got the same result: Error 1 with both fans running.

Stove had been running a day and half since last cleaning, but is now clean including the exhaust pipe.

Last edited:
Hate to say it but sounds like board went out.Follow wires from switch to control unit,look for problem.Check where plug in to control unit for problem.If your handy check wiring with meter.

Status
Not open for further replies.