Understanding Ravelli rv80

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Hbeams

Nov 30, 2021
Montana
Hi there I looked on the forum but no one has discussed this yet and was wondering if I could get some help. We are trying to figure out how to use our stove and can’t seem to get any help locally where we live. Have the room temp set to 71 it cranks full blast to 111. Tried the eco stop. That was nice but it doesn’t seem to reignite to turn back on. What am I doing wrong?

Don't understand....the stove heats the room to 111 degrees ??

Concerning EcoStop, the room temperature needs to drop below the "swing" point, before the stove will restart. The number of degrees, of swing, that the room temp needs to drop to, is adjusted in the EcoStop settings.

Don't understand....the stove heats the room to 111 degrees ??

Concerning EcoStop, the room temperature needs to drop below the "swing" point, before the stove will restart. The number of degrees, of swing, that the room temp needs to drop to, is adjusted in the EcoStop settings.
Trust when I say I really don’t understand either. But the temperature on the stove display yes reads 111! It doesn’t seem normal. We have the room temp set at 71 which seems reasonable and don’t understand the point of setting the room temp if it’s going to max heat temps above 100. So we had the sensor console selected. I read somewhere this morning about deselecting that so I did. The eco stop is turning it off but it got way below our desired restart temp and never kicked back on in the middle of the night.

The room temp displayed (111) is much higher than the actual room air temp because the temp sensor that the stove is using is too close to, or touching, the warm stove body itself.

There are three ways that the stove can be configured to sense the room air temperature:

1) The Room Temperature sensor, which is a coiled-up black wire, with a bead at the end, on the back of the stove. You need to uncoil this wire and extend it so that the bead end is as far away from the stove as possible. I have mine just sticking straight back behind the stove. The Console sensor box must be unchecked for the stove to use this extended wire bead sensor. This is the typical sensor and setup that these stoves are used with.

2) The "Console" mode, uses a different room temp sensor, which is built into the display/control panel. This is used if you optionally move the display/control panel (Console) to a remote location in the room, on a wall, and then you would select (check mark) the Console sensor to be used.

3) An external wired thermostat (with contacts, like a regular house thermostat) can be used with the stove, but the Console sensor must be unchecked, and the "EST" (External Sensor Temperature) option must be enabled.

Once you setup #1 properly, then make sure your Eco Stop temperature swing setting is set to a small value, say 1 or 3 degrees. The stove should then relight itself before the temperature drops more than the swing amount below your desired setpoint. It takes a few minutes for the stove to enter EcoStop and shutdown, and a few minutes for the stove to relight after the room temperature drops below the swing amount, be patient.

What is your current EcoStop swing setting?

Setting a small EcoStop swing value will have smaller temperature drops before the stove relights, but at the expense of the life of the ignitor, as it will be turned on more often. A large swing value will prolong ignitor life, but the room temperature drops will be larger before the stove relights.

Last edited:
Some Ravelli stoves also have a delay setting, in the EcoStop setup menu, which determines how long the stove will take to relight, after the room temperature has fallen below the Setpoint minus the Swing.