Unknow Part in Princess Insert hanging loose

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

spudman99

Feeling the Heat
Jan 26, 2018
Yardley, PA
In performing my annual cleanout, I pulled the insert and cleaned the liner. Started working on the princess, cleaned out around the bypass plate, and then behind the combustor. I look at I see this part hanging behind the combustor and in front of the bypass plate. I was really loose and one part not attached. I searched the parts diagram on the PI29 on the website, and no exploded view shows this part. What is it? Is it necessary (I assume so)? Why might it not be hanging straight?

20221029_152214.jpg
20221029_152326.jpg
20221029_152338.jpg

Thanks in advance. I think it is just a deflector plate and am sure it is needed, I just never have seen any discussion on this piece.

There are two tabs that the plate hangs on. Perhaps it was dislodged during cleaning.

Try to rehang on the tabs...

Thank you and I did hang them on the tab. Out of curiosity, what exactly is that part and its function since it doesn't show up on the schematic in the manual?

The Ashford has a similar plate behind the combustor. Always figured it was something about keeping air velocity and temperature optimized, on the back side of the combustor.

Reactions: BKVP