Unknown Stove (maybe a Fisher?)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Robby C

Oct 11, 2018
Frankfort MI
I am trying find information on a wood burning stove. The only writing I can find on it is "Made in USA".
It might be a Fisher because of the air intakes on the front doors. Any help would be appreciated. Froelich UNKNOWN Fire Box.jpg Froelich UNKNOWN Fire Box 1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Darth Vader called, he wants his helmet back.

Design reminds me of a vintage morso 1125 Not sure who made a similar freestanding unit in the US though.

6-jpg.jpg 182503-ae59068abcefec345f380da8b15dcb77.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have seen that stove before but i cant remember what it is. But it certainly isnt a fisher. They never made any cast iron stoves

long time ago i had a stove similar to that. but it said made in taiwan. looks like a jotul knock off

Jotul Combi clone
Bushman, I think you are correct. Jotul Combifire knock off. The difference is the double doors.
Your Montgomery Ward remark might be in line with other items in the cottage. MW water heater and a MW surface well pump. These are all from 1974 when the cottage was built.
The water heater WILL be replaced next spring.

Anybody, thoughts on companies to inspect and repair. I am near Traverse City, MI.

Last edited:
Definitely a Jotul Combi clone, I've never seen one before. That's interesting, I wonder when those were made and by who?

I lived with this as the only heat source for 2 months. I have closed the cottage down for the winter and it will be gone in the spring. If anyone would like it for free, it is in Frankfort, MI 49635.

Post it in the classified here and on craigslist.