Robby C Posted By Robby C, Oct 11, 2018 at 6:38 PM

1. Robby C

Robby C
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Oct 11, 2018
    Loc:
    Frankfort MI
    I am trying find information on a wood burning stove. The only writing I can find on it is "Made in USA".
    It might be a Fisher because of the air intakes on the front doors. Any help would be appreciated. Froelich UNKNOWN Fire Box.jpg Froelich UNKNOWN Fire Box 1.jpg

2. pen

pen
    There are some who call me...mod. 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Loc:
    N.E. Penna
    Darth Vader called, he wants his helmet back.

Design reminds me of a vintage morso 1125 Not sure who made a similar freestanding unit in the US though.

6-jpg.jpg 182503-ae59068abcefec345f380da8b15dcb77.jpg

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bholler

bholler
    Chimney sweep 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Jan 14, 2014
    Loc:
    central pa
    I have seen that stove before but i cant remember what it is. But it certainly isnt a fisher. They never made any cast iron stoves

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. fbelec

fbelec
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 23, 2005
    Loc:
    Massachusetts
    long time ago i had a stove similar to that. but it said made in taiwan. looks like a jotul knock off

5. Jan Pijpelink

Jan Pijpelink
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 2, 2015
    Loc:
    Lindenwold, South Jersey
    Scandia??

6. Jan Pijpelink

Jan Pijpelink
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 2, 2015
    Loc:
    Lindenwold, South Jersey
    I searched for an image. Could only find with single door, not double door. Still think it's a Scandia.

7. bushman

bushman
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Dec 28, 2014
    Loc:
    Northern Michigan
    Maybe a Montgomery Wards?

8. bushman

bushman
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Dec 28, 2014
    Loc:
    Northern Michigan
    Jotul Combi clone

9. Robby C

Robby C
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Oct 11, 2018
    Loc:
    Frankfort MI
    Bushman, I think you are correct. Jotul Combifire knock off. The difference is the double doors.
    Your Montgomery Ward remark might be in line with other items in the cottage. MW water heater and a MW surface well pump. These are all from 1974 when the cottage was built.
    The water heater WILL be replaced next spring.

Anybody, thoughts on companies to inspect and repair. I am near Traverse City, MI.

10. BIGChrisNH

BIGChrisNH
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Dec 16, 2015
    Loc:
    New Hampshire
    Definitely a Jotul Combi clone, I've never seen one before. That's interesting, I wonder when those were made and by who?

11. Robby C

Robby C
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Oct 11, 2018
    Loc:
    Frankfort MI
    I lived with this as the only heat source for 2 months. I have closed the cottage down for the winter and it will be gone in the spring. If anyone would like it for free, it is in Frankfort, MI 49635.

12. begreen

begreen
    Mooderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Post it in the classified here and on craigslist.