Up country foray

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
Just got back from a few days in the mountains. Man, the Swiss have nothing on the North Cascades. The Picket Range pictured here was considered unclimbable as late as 1950s. They were finally summitted in 1963. Looks and perspective are very deceiving so I have added a peak guide. Temps were in the 90s during the day, but it was very dry and at night it was down in the 50s. And no bugs! All in all a perfect spot to camp.

This is a view of the Pickets about 10 miles away. IMG_1637web.jpg Closer up - IMG_1637cropped-_web.jpg

Camping in style. Good fishing in that river too. IMG_1633web.jpg IMG_1635web.jpg

is that the Skagit river? Love driving the North Cascades Highway, beautiful scenery

Yes, that's the Skagit.

Beautiful. Is it deep enough to kayak down?

Thanks for the pictures Begreen. That has to be on our list of places to visit!

Reactions: loon
Beautiful. Is it deep enough to kayak down?

Yes. And once you get down past the dams it's plenty deep and a big river. The delta is a great kayaking area with lots of wildlife.

Reactions: DevilsBrew
Big trees, big water & big mountains.
PNW is just a beautiful place.
Great pics

That is some beautiful scenery... Friend of mine was going to move to Bend Oregon and then met a girl from Australia...:( So much
for having someone in the area.

Thanks for the pics and I hope you have a great time.

LOL, hope they didn't cause too much havoc.

Status
Not open for further replies.