Update on the Gas Golf Cart Saga

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of you may remember I bought an EzGo Workhorse on eBay to use around the ranch and it would leave me stranded down at my dumpster.

Long story short: I had the local EzGo dealer pick it up for a tune up, carb clean and valve adjustment and found out the engine was shot and it wasn't a 2001 (it was a 2000 probably sold 1999) to boot.

$1570 later I have a great little GC that I spent way too much money buying/fixing. I had written to the seller and the company and they didn't respond so I took them to small claims court on 11/30. The judge awarded me $600 towards my claim and now I'm in the process of waiting the 30 days to see if they appeal. During mandatory mediation the person they sent to represent them offered me $200 for "my troubles" and said there was no warranty and it was sold as-is. The mediator almost laughed at him.

I knew it didn't come with a warranty, however the ad did not say "as-is" or I wouldn't have bid on it. In any event, I am happy with the results. Now I just have to collect. I had never gone to court before so it was an interesting experience.

47b7cf06b3127cceb0ed4b3fcdb700000026100AcNWThq3ZMWJg.jpg

cool... guess the $600 is better then nothing... now drive the wheels off that thing.

abj1969 said:
cool... guess the $600 is better then nothing... now drive the wheels off that thing.

:) My grandchildren loved riding in it when they were here Thanksgiving weekend. They also got to drive it with grandpa's supervision and help.

I should get many years out of it now and yes, $600 is better than nothing.

Bet that $600 will help ease the pain of the repair bill.
Looks like fun for the kiddos to drive too

Status
Not open for further replies.